25

Shawn looked himself in the mirror as he fixed his bow tie, Camila stood behind him watching him carefully, she was all dressed up now. 
''is this good?'' he asked her, meeting her eyes in the mirror. She smiled weakly nodding her head. 

He turned around ''will you stand next to me'' she sighed ''Shawn you know I can't'' he looked down sadly ''but I'll be right behind you, I am not leaving you I promise'' 

She took his face between her soft palms, making him look at her again, ''okey?'' she asked, ''yes'' he replied, ''I am not leaving you'' she whispered again and hugged him tightly, as one more sign that she's staying with him. 

''There's gonna be a lot of people'' he said like it is some sort of a problem, ''I know, but you're gonna stand strong'' she ran had through his curls ''for me'' she kissed his cheek softly. 

''It is time to go'' Hailee said from other side of the door, he closed his eyes and sighed ''I can't wait for this to be over''

''It is gonna be soon'' she squeezed his hand, ''Camila?'' he sounded like asking her ''say'' 

''I - I ---'' he didn't know if it is time, and if she didn't say it back he knew he's gonna be more hurt so he stopped himself. But he saw in her eyes that she knew on what exactly he meant, the pupils grew larger, the colour of her chocolate eyes changed, but then he just softly kissed her and she kissed back in most generous way. 

-

The rain was sipping down, but Sun was also there behind all those gray-black clouds, memorial was a long process, Shawn could barely make it. 
He needed her. 

After he saw his own mother, the ex wife of his father, he felt so much emotions, he was glade she came, maybe she still cared or loved then. But then when she looked at Camila like evil look, he thought she is provoking him. Camila saw Hailey in the distance with Cameron standing together, she hoped Shawn didn't see them. 

Hailee and her mother gave the speech, they didn't say plenty of words but they said enough to think of he was a good man, who raised his son in the best way possible, who held company on his shoulders and that he was a great boss such as uncle and father and brother. All that time when they spoke Camila was sitting right behind Shawn, and she held his hand. Couple of squeezes he gave her said to her a lot, and she just wished time could fix things. 

As trumped played making everyone more emotional, people went to grave and threw down white and red roses. Camila went and threw down one red rose, few petals falling besides. Tear rolled down her cheek as she turned around and met his eyes, he was so broken just as that rose, he was falling apart. 

''I am here'' she said to him. She didn't ask if he was okey because she knew he couldn't feel any good, he was lost in himself and he truly needs her help. 

As funeral came to an end and people left, rain stopped and between those dark could Sun's shades threw the light on earth. Shawn looked down at the stone where it said. 

Manuel Mendes, great father and a man, who will always be loved and remembered.

''Shawn?'' Camila stood next to him as just two of them stood there, ''do you wanna go home?'' he didn't look at her ''Shawn?'' 

''I wanna just stay a little'' he said quietly ''okay'' she replied to him, moving little bit away, because he needed some time on his own too. 

He started to speak, she listened to him carefully.
''You're gone now dad'' he said firstly ''I am sorry I let you down'' 

''I wanted you to be proud on me and I don't know if you were, but I am so so sorry - and I don't know how am I going to do this all without you''

''Honestly I feel so lost, remember when I told you about her, I have her and I am scared I will loose her just like I lost myself and you dad''

''I love you'' 

He turned and stood up, tear fell down and he moved it away, he looked at her and she was crying. 
He took her hand, without any word they went away in his child home. 

There were a lot of people eating and drinking, Shawn hated that. You can't please yourself with food and drinks when someone dies, he didn't even wanna be there. 
''I wanna go in room'' she nodded, they moved in without a lot of people noticing them. They undressed from tux and long black dress into cozy clothes and just stayed in silence. 

''Will time fix anything?'' he asked her with small flicker of hope ''Shawn, it is gonna be hard, it took me a lot after my sister's death, but then I met someone who helped me a lot'' Camila stood up from bed ''that person is my rock and shoulder to cry on, I am so thankful'' she put hand on his cheek and he leaned in ''I was miserable, lost in my emotions and thoughts, I wasn't smiling I loved the rain and hated the sun, I hated everything, I didn't live'' 

''But that person did everything to made me feel worth living this life, made me feel like I am enough -'' 

She looked at him, hoping it could make him smile a little but he was still lost and tensed.

''And I am so in love with that person'' his eyes found hers, they softened at the words but he didn't quite understood them in right moment so she said in other way as tear rolled down her cheek.

''I love you'' 

He smiled, like a sun it hit her and all she could do now is smile back and kiss him softly, she did. 
Now she feels like a completed person with piece of puzzle which is not missing anymore.