Chapter 1

You'd think Boboiboy's friends would notice his absence instantly, right?

Aw, hell nah.

The next day after Boboiboy's departure, they stumbled to Tok Aba's Cocoa stand, with bleary eyes and a sore body. They had partied all night at TAPOPS. Originally, they had planned to invite Boboiboy, but they decided not to intrude on his patrols.

Oh, right. These friends sure are keepers.

What they didn't know was that Boboiboy had not been patrolling at all. They weren't even aware that the brunette wasn't there at Tok Aba's stand or anywhere. They didn't care. They figured that he would show up somehow. They enjoyed their cocoa served by Ochobot and chatted amongst themselves.

"You lot sure are later than usual," Tok Aba gruffed, walking over from his house. He sure had a lot of free time after Ochobot returned from TAPOPS headquarters. "What caught you up?"

Gopal had bags under his eyes. "Ah, it's nothing. We partied all night at TAPOPS! It was awesome!"

"Speaking of awesome," Tok Aba said. "Has anyone seen Boboiboy?"

Ochobot set down the cup for Fang. Fang sipped it like he was an adult dreading the morning while consuming suffice caffeine to survive the day's work. "Oh, he returned to Kuala Lumpur yesterday."

Fang spat his coffee on Ochobot.

"WHAT?" he demanded.

Ochobot narrowed his eyes at the raven-haired boy. Fang apologized sheepishly and demanded for him to elaborate.

Nothing like starting the afternoon off with someone's cocoa on your face.

"Eh, but I thought he moved here," Tok Aba said, expression sullen. "Didn't even tell me goodbye. Must have left in a hurry. No wonder his room was so quiet last night."

"But why did he leave?" Yaya asked. "He goes to school here, doesn't he?"

Ochobot would have felt guilty if he could. Unfortunately, he was a robot. The best he could do was replicate human emotions he had witnessed and come across before, but guilt was tricky.

"He left because he was homesick," Ochobot said. "He told me that he wanted to go home."

Fang tried to hide his disappointment. Like him, Boboiboy had to return from where he originated from. "It's natural. He can't just abandon everyone there, can he?"

"But who will patrol Pulau Rintis?" Yaya panicked. "Usually he does it! But now that he left, who will do it?"

"Ah, there's no need to patrol anymore." Ying frowned. "This place is safe! You can put money on the roads and no one will even bother taking it."

"Then it's settled! We all can lay back and sleep." Gopal yawned. "We can always call him for help."

Fang grudgingly agreed and continued to drink his cocoa.

Ochobot didn't spare them any hope. "We can't. Boboiboy left his power watch here."

Fang spat his drink on Gopal.

"WHAT?" he screeched. "What do you mean he left his watch?"

"He loves it more than anything!" Gopal agreed, ignoring the cocoa dripping off his face. "Was he mind-controlled?"

He totally wouldn't know whether if anyone was dying if it ran around him banging a cowbell, but Gopal was special that way. Whatever the case, the news of Boboiboy's departure didn't meet with a happy critic.