Chapter 6

Boboiboy's trip on the boat was dull.

Too dull.

The tournament was over. He was the champion. Shizuko lost to him by a sliver, due to her massive headache on the day. She hadn't slept for weeks, which led her to pass out in her cabin on the ship. At least she's second place.

Boboiboy won with relatively ease. Now he was on an exquisite cruise on his way back to Penang Port.

He had called the maids to ensure everything was still in one piece. Their wellbeing may be the least of his cares, but he still cared. Knowing that they hadn't trashed the place didn't hurt, either.

Was leaving TAPOPS a great idea? He no longer had to fret over the uncountable power spheres, no more waking up before 7 just to avoid Admiral's wrath, and not risking his life for someone else.

Why join when the people there don't treat you as a living being? Kaizo ordered him around. His friend always thought of him as an auto-winning machine. Ciciko treated him as an asset.

He stared at the blue sky, his watch still on his left wrist. The pool was in front of him, but he didn't feel like swimming. He didn't feel like doing anything. For the first time in his life, he had nothing to do.

His goals were accomplished. Leave TAPOPS. Win the tournament. Relax.

Now what?

Should he return? Should he put his life on the line once more?

The alarms on deck suddenly blared. Boboiboy shot up from his sunbathing chair.

"Attention fellow honoured guests! Please proceed to your rooms immediately! We are being approached by unknown air jets. This is not a drill. I repeat, this is not a drill!"

People starting screaming, crawling up the pools and scrambled inside. He was left alone by the pool.

He stalked towards the railings. There were dozens of ships in the air. Not just ships. Vargoba's army.

He clenched his fists. What does he want now?

Shizuko gripped the railings next to him. "Thought that guy was in prison." She frowned.

"He was," Boboiboy agreed. "What does he want?"

"Maybe he's passing by. Stealthbot was taken from him," she suggested. Then she saw Boboiboy's face. "You're fighting them? Alright."

He grinned. From his pocket, he produced the hilt of a sword. With a button, a silver energy blade erupted from the base. It was lethal enough to cut through titanium like tofu, but he set it to stun. Don't want blood to get on his clothes.

Boboiboy's watch sprung to life.

"Boboiboy Storm!" he called. The evolved version of Thunderstorm stood in his place. The outfit was similar, but the lightning bolt had turned to a dark grey. The streaks had turned blood red instead of scarlet. His eyes were now stormy grey, the bill of his cap lowered like the grim reaper.

He crouched and aimed for his destination. With a flash of grey lightning, he was on a ship at the right fleet. The crew gasped as he arrived, sparking with lightning.

Storm clouds gathered over Vargoba's army. Boboiboy Storm turned his blade backwards, and charged at the men with inhuman speed, faster than Thunderstorm, but more silent and accurate.

They were taken out before they even knew what was going on. He repeated the process to the next few ships, before he came across Shizuko's share. She had a blade similar to his, but it was golden instead of silver. Even without the use of her powers, she fought like a demon, hacking down enemies before they even charged.