Chapter 16

Fang called Kaizo to pick him up as fast as he got out of the barrier. From what he heard, TAPOPS was still recovering from a full-scale attack from unknown sources. Whoever it may be, it wasn't Shizuko. Shizuko didn't feel like it, and she was busy owning people in alcohol tolerance in galactic villain bars.

It was from five different parts of the station, each varying a different element. Fire, lightning, ice, nature, earth, and wind were present. Nature and earth were together in one of the stations, whilst the rest of each were separate.

When the ship descended, Fang bolted in as they took off for the station. Kaizo was the one piloting the agile getaway ship, and he said nothing as they shot into space.

The short journey was quick yet suffocating. It was awkward. It was unnatural. Kaizo remained silent at all times. His gaze was glued on the scenery ahead. Fang sat on the co-pilot seat, glancing nervously at his brother.

He wanted Kaizo to at least say something to him. They weren't on the best of terms, but he needed to feel that at least he had a brother. That someone was actually there for him when he needed it, even if they don't seem like they care much.

Ever since Jugglenaut, they hadn't spoken much. Not even after Vargoba's first debut. They passed each other in the corridor as if they were strangers.

But when Kaizo did speak up, it was never good news.

"Someone's attacking TAPOPS." Kaizo frowned.

Fang looked up. Explosions of different variations erupted from the station. He stood as Kaizo scowled.

Without warning, they sped up their journey. Fang was sent back to his seat.

The ship landed in the docking bay. It was abandoned, but it was shaking as if an earthquake was occurring. Shrieks echoed from different parts of the station, accompanied by spontaneous destruction.

"We have to help them!" Fang dashed out of the ship. But before his feet can touch the station's floor, Kaizo stopped him by putting his arm on his shoulder.

He spun in surprise, to see Kaizo look at him with an expression he had never seen for years.

A warm smile.

"Stay safe," Kaizo whispered. He let go of Fang's shoulder.

Fang blinked in surprise. Before he can respond, Kaizo took off into the direction of the clearing. Fang finally came to his senses and headed off to where his friends were located.

"Guys!" Fang burst in the control room. Yaya, Ying and Gopal were already in the heat of battle, looking exhausted. The first thing that hit him was the heat and the blazing inferno that was threatening to swallow them. "What's going on?"

Ying ducked as a torrent of flames flew overhead.

"We don't know! We were repairing and there's another attack! In the same day!" Ying barked. "Please tell us you mastered the elements!"

"Uh..." Fang stuttered. "... no?"

Ying groaned and rolled her eyes. "Nevermind! We have to stop them from destroying the station!"

Fang nodded. Yaya's powers were useless in this situation, because flames were not affected by gravity. Gopal's were bogus because he can only manipulate the molecular structure of physical objects, not a form of energy like fire. Ying may stand a fighting chance, but there's only so much she can do.

Putting that aside, who had elemental powers? As far as he knows, only Boboiboy himself had them. But in the morning, Fang was with Boboiboy in that mansion, so it couldn't be him. And judging from the attack patterns, they resembled Boboiboy's second tiers, which he no longer used. Boboiboy had only used third tiers and had gave him his previous watch with both tiers.