Chapter 4

"Okay. First of all – why?" Boboiboy started. "Next, why do you still have that watch? Oh, wait, Ochobot took it. That's its name, right? I forget."

Fang did not like the fact that he just addressed Ochobot as an it. He wasn't keen on the sudden change of his personality, ether. Boboiboy used to be a sweet, innocent guy who's always being loved by everyone. Now he's just a teenager who came from the city.

Ciciko nodded. "Because you have shown the capabilities of a true leader. We have scoured the entire universe – but this watch will not accept another."

The way he said it was stupid. It sounded like, Hey! Ochobot took your powerwatch because he said you aren't worthy two years ago, but we couldn't find anyone to replace you. Will you lead us to certain doom again?

Boboiboy's feelings weren't so much messed up. They were thrown into a blender with gravel and ice. Accepting it would mean he would be a part of TAPOPS again, but he would be forced to leave his life he'd worked so hard to create.

Believe me, for him, it's a very big decision. His mother died. His father committed suicide believing that his son and wife were dead. He had no one left for family except for Tok Aba, and they were telling him to go full-time into space to save people that wasn't even his kind.

In the past, he would have snapped it up in a heartbeat. But now he's not so sure. He had friends. He had the championships to think about. He had his own priorities. After putting his life on the line for so long, it's a luxury he could finally take his life for his own and embrace it.

Besides, Lunar and Solar aren't so much apart. They just had the difference of the evolution states.

There were three tiers to the elements. Like Lightning and Thunderstorm. Ochobot's watch only gave him two levels of it. His own watch had three. Lunar was just the evolution of Solar.

If you're asking why darkness was born from light, it's easy. You take a torch and turn it on an object. Do you see the shadows that was created by the thing? Light couldn't bend. So that shadow you see is the mere absence of light, otherwise known as darkness.

Enough talk.

"Why me?" he asked. "There's plenty of humans for you to bother – I mean ask. I'm just one in billions. Besides, don't you guys need sleep?"

Admiral walked up to him. "Boboiboy. This is a decision for you to make solely. Do know that you have created countless enemies in the galaxy, and without your powers, you cannot defend yourself. You're defenceless. If what you said about Adu-du is true, then you have tougher enemies to face."

Is he saying I'm weak without that watch? Boboiboy thought.

He frowned. "How does Ochobot know I've been kidnapped?"

"There are cameras–" Ciciko was cut off.

"Cameras? You mean he can see what I'm doing here? Do you guys know anything about personal privacy? Oh, my Gods!"

"It's for your safety," Admiral told him, but Boboiboy was already looking around the room.

He checked his table. None. He checked under his bed covers. Nope. He flipped through every book he could find. No such luck.

"Where is it?" Boboiboy scavenged through drawers. "I don't need someone spying on me 24/7. That just creepy and gay."

"What's 'gay'?" Fang asked.

Boboiboy stared at him with a deadpan expression like he did when they reunited in space. He dropped an old picture into the drawer and shut it.

"Your face," he snapped.