Chapter 15

"There's been an attack at TAPOPS!" Fang burst into the kitchen, where Boboiboy was blending a smoothie before the crack of dawn.

Boboiboy switched the blender off. He poured the finished beverage of fruit and protein shakes into a cup and stared at the alien panting by the doorway.

"Yeah, I know." Boboiboy downed his beverage in seconds. He tossed the glass into the dishwasher with deadly accuracy and slammed it shut. "I heard all about it."

"I have to go back!" Fang demanded. "I have to help my friends!"

"Uh, you haven't even changed."

Fang looked down to his earthling pyjamas that Boboiboy had loaned him. It was only 5 in the morning, but he was sweating like it was high noon.

"That's not important! I have to help my friends. Your friends!"

"I read the attack patterns. It's only a couple of rooms and stations being destroyed – no biggie. I don't see the hassle."

"My friends could be injured!"

"And you're going to decapitate yourself with your powers." Boboiboy ended the argument.

Fang growled. "I am not!"

Without warning, Boboiboy tossed a fork from the counter and threw it to Fang like a dagger. Fang had no time to react, no time to shield himself, so he could only close his eyes as the fork hit his face, but it never happened. In a flash of lightning, the fork was caught by Boboiboy, who was using Storm.

"As I said," Storm said, reverting to Boboiboy. "You're going to die."

Fang glared. "Why would you care?"

"I don't." He returned a glare that was more intimidating than the devil himself. "Your watch. Now."

Fang raised an eyebrow. "What?"

Boboiboy sighed in exasperation. Fang had equally as much potential as Kaizo, but he was definitely stupider than him. It didn't help the fact that Fang was prideful as Solar and his pre-evolution either.

"I'll let you go," Boboiboy bargained. "But if you can escape. There's a barrier outside the house perimeters that can be infiltrated or broken out of only by teleporting with your light element. It's that or you can stay here for a decade trying to master those seven elements."

"You're just going to let me go like that?"

"Are you gonna do it, or no?"

Fang cursed under his breath. He didn't like to be without his shadow manipulation powers, but it's his best shot. He'd seen Boboiboy use Light or Solar to teleport all over the place before, so it shouldn't be too hard.

But then again, he'd thought controlling Leaf was easy because he's supposed to represent innocence. He assumed wrong, because Leaf was the most persistent, the most stubborn element of them all. The godforsaken plant-lover can't even get annoyed.

With reluctant hands, he removed his shadow manipulation power watch and handed it over to Boboiboy. The professional fighter and elemental manipulator eyed the watch, and stuffed it in his pocket a little too fast than usual. In fact, he seemed desperate and looked like he was itching to take his watch, which didn't calm Fang's mind.

"You go train yourself for the day. I have personal matters to deal with. If anything comes up, I'll be in my lab, the one you previously intruded."

Boboiboy turned into Storm once more and disappeared in another burst of silver lightning, giving Fang's hair the bad case of hair static.

So that was how Fang was lying on the beach, staring at the sky as the waves lapped around him and receded.