Chapter 3

Boboiboy knew it was a bad day when Shizuko was in the same cell with him, flipping through a graphic novel while lying on her side on the floor like she was on her bed.

"You're here too, huh?" she drawled. "Oh. I left my bag at your grandfather's stand. Can you help me take care of it so it doesn't get stolen?"

He groaned. He should have known. Shizuko tended to forget about everything that's anything. Now he was stuck in this alien's cell with the option of revealing his new abilities or sitting here while waiting for the right moment to escape.

Neither of that seemed convenient.

You're probably thinking, or maybe not: Why wasn't he asking why Shizuko was in here? Why isn't she reading the Boboiboy Galaxy comic?

Well, she's a carefree person. She does what she likes, and this was how she spent her breaks. Nobody would bother her while she's in a cell, being "arrested" and all that. No one would hassle about breaking her out, and she would escape that prison once she feels like it. There's nearly nothing in the galaxy that can trap her.

Also, she doesn't know about the comic, because she doesn't know how to break the fourth wall!

Boboiboy understood that a little too well. He paced around what little space he had and stared out of the transparent energy barrier that acted as bars. Suddenly he had an idea so cringe-worthy he would hurl at the thought of it even after thirty years.

"Hey, squared face!" he called. "Hello? The narcissist alien who's hellbent on destroying me? Where the fuck are you? Too afraid to face me?"

The doors opened with a hiss. An alien with green skin, a square face and antenna walked out. He was taller than what Boboiboy remembered, but aliens don't have puberty. His face was exactly what he saw years ago.

"You dare?" Adu-du challenged. "You have no powers. Your friends have abandoned you. What makes you think you can defeat me? You are powerless, Boboiboy! You're weak!"

The Boboiboy two years ago would have snapped. He would have lashed out. But he changed. All he did was snort and glare at him.

"So? You can't do anything without Probe," he pointed out. "You can't even carry me yourself. How can you defeat me if it was your trap and your robot who did the job? You didn't beat me with skill nor trickery, because it was a cheap trick."

Adu-du's eyes narrowed. What Boboiboy was trying to do was a risky gamble, but he wouldn't die. He wouldn't allow it to that extent. He can stand beating and torture, but he would not accept death as an answer.

"What are you trying to say?"

"I'm saying," Boboiboy explained patiently, "is that I want you to fight me hand to hand. Isn't that easy? I have no powers. I'll even let you use a weapon!"

"Hm." Adu-du was now the same height as him, which was vaguely disturbing. "What's the catch?"

Boboiboy smirked internally. "If I win, you let me go. If you win, you can do whatever you want with me."

The alien grinned. "Deal!"

Shizuko glanced up from her book and yawned. "Try not to die."

Boboiboy wasn't sure who was she talking to. Maybe him. Maybe Adu-du. Or maybe because she's just bored and wanted to see some action.

Adu-du called for Probe to escort him to a clearing where they had space to fight. The ship wouldn't cut it, because Adu-du would choose the most painful, destructive and a hazardous weapon with an extremely long name.