An escape

The dining room setting was eerie, no small talk. Just silence. Jonah, Zach and Jack sitting across from Daniel and Corbyn. David was on the left hand side at the head and Klaus was at the other. Placed in front of them was take out Chinese food that David had ordered earlier, he had no choice Klaus had made himself comfortable in their home. 

Chopsticks were being hit idly against the table and plates without a word but Corbyn had enough. He took a sip of water "Didn't mean harm but you killed a man" he glared coldly towards Klaus. A smirk was plastered on his face immediately at his comment "Problem lad?" He stared at him making intense eye contact, Daniel tried to stop him but Corbyn refused to listen while everyone looked on, Zach's jaw hanging open while Jack raised it back up and they both look towards Corbyn and Klaus. It was at this point Daniel typed one word on social media before looking on at the two again.

"Yes I have a problem" he did an air quote "Niklaus" Klaus was taken aback by this but he didn't let it underestimate him like the boy wanted. "You just waltz in here and make yourself home, you have no place being here. What exactly do you want?" Klaus lips formed a smile "You're questioning me in your own home is that right?" David cleared his throat, Klaus looked at him and then back at Corbyn. 

"You're aware that your partner there is a hybrid" Corbyn nodded. "He was attacked by a werewolf and a vampire which gained him the abilities that he has, the power" Klaus looked at Daniel "I too am a hybrid and an original, the only one that can help you through this" he directed to Daniel. His blue eyes twinkled staring into Klaus's. "What are you suggesting?" he asked him. 

"I need you to come to Mystic Falls with me, see the surroundings" but before Daniel could answer Corbyn did for him. "Are you out of your mind!!!" he spat at him "YOU CAN'T TAKE HIM AWAY FROM US LIKE THIS" Suddenly Klaus rose from the table and pounded his fist on the wood making Zach and Jack jump and the dinnerware clatter, Jonah drank a mouthful of water. "You WILL NOT raise your voice at me" Klaus hissed at him. Corbyn got up from his seat and met level to level with him from across the table "Try me" Daniel knew he was being serious and could sense that he was hurt but couldn't understand why. He got up and placed a hand on Corbyn's shoulder "Don't do this" he mumbled to him listening to his heartbeat, it was beating rapidly, fire boiling in his veins. Corbyn shrugged away and glared intensely at Klaus before walking away and going into his room that he shared with Jack and Daniel and slammed the door. David got up but Daniel gave him a look that said 'Don't go after him, I will" He shook his head and fled off to the room closing the door behind him. Klaus smiled at the other three boys seated, they were terrified and he knew that. His attention was now on David "I'll be back for the boy, it will only be for two days" With that said Klaus sped off and within a second he was gone. David looked at Jonah, Zach and Jack "Go wash up" he said sighing staring at the table of unfinished dinner with his fists clenched. 

Daniel was seated at the edge of Corbyn's bed, his eyes flashing yellow and then back to its original color. "Calm down" Daniel told him, he sighed looking at him "Why are you like this, why were you like that towards him?" Corbyn sat up "So I'm the only one seeing something wrong with you going off to some town like that?" he stared at Daniel, he was about to answer but said something else "No Dan this is your home, L.A. is, you're entering a supernatural world that you have no idea about. You don't know what you're dealing with, it's Klaus, what if you..."

"Kill?" Daniel eyed him. "Yeah" he agreed "Klaus does have his ways but I won't let him do that to me, that's not who I am. He did say he's going to help, I am a hybrid after all and he's just like me, finally someone like me"

"I'm just worried"

"I'll be fine" he gave him a hug and looked at him "Not a word to Kaylen alright" Corbyn grinned and saw that he was serious "Alright alright" he said shoving him off the bed. They both walked out and saw Jonah washing the dishes and Zach and Jack drying them. They headed over to the table clearing the remains and went over to Jonah smiling. They formed a group hug at the sink. Daniel Seavey was going to be oka