Safety first

Her weak body lay fragile on the floor, blood spilling from her abdomen as Freddie reported "Fools for coming to this side" he stood before the group over Emily's body. "Relax, she's just.." he paused in his sentence kneeling down by her head that was turned off to the side, he slowly traced a hand on her long, brown hair "passed out" he raised an eyebrow staring into the eyes of Jonah Marais. He stepped forward when a hand was placed on his shoulder "Jon what are you doing?" asked Jack. "Getting my girl back"

Jeremy Gilbert got up slowly and faced Jonah cracking his neck "You really want to try me Marais? I'm the brother of a vampire" Jonah slightly looked past Jeremy and someone in the distance with a bow and arrow pointing at Jeremy as target "When I shoot, get her and run" the voice was heard by all five guys. Jonah knew what he had to do

*Outside of Mystic Falls*

"When you're going to put yourself in a position to get killed, please give me a heads up first" Corbyn looked at Jonah. He grunted holding Emily's body in his hand, blood trickling with every step they made. It wasn't until moments later they arrived back home. 

"This isn't safe" Zach looked at Jonah "It's not safe for them, our conditions aren't either"

Daniel turned to him "What are you suggesting?" Zach looked around at the group "We place them somewhere safe where they wouldn't get hurt"

"But where?" Jack questioned. Suddenly a car door was heard slamming from outside. Daniel peeked out, it was a light-colored blue truck parked outside their condo "Uh why is Matt Donovan approaching our front door right now"

The group look confused when Matt burst through the door "What...." Jack managed to speak

"I'm going to need to collect Emily" he looked at her. Jonah was ready to protest, Matt sighed "Look I know the safest place for your girls or whatever you want to call them, I can ensure their safety, protect them. I mean that's what you all want right?" he looked at the group, his blue eyes twinkling waiting for an answer. They all nodded. "She's not fully healed yet" Jonah told him "The bleeding subsided though" 

"Um..." Daniel looked outside "Code red CODE RED!!!" 

Zach hit him behind the head "You're not making any sense" but before he could continue an alarming Freddie ran into the house "IS HE OKAY?! OMG EMILY!" he rushed to her side completely ignoring Matt who looked at him shrugging. The boys couldn't come up with an answer. Jonah looked over at Daniel and knew automatically what he was thinking: MIND COMPULSION

Matt caught on quickly and mouthed "NO" and Daniel made an annoyed face knowing he was going to do it anyway. They couldn't risk Freddie telling his rich neighborhood and the school about their secrets, especially if he found out about Kaylen and her secret identity, worse yet Emily was in a bad condition as it was. How could they explain the wound in her abdomen gone. 

Freddie narrowed his eyes down to where she was bleeding out from "That's strange, she was..." he cut off his statement when he looked up and saw Matt staring at him with a slight smirk on his face. "Uh who are you? he asked him. Freddie looked at the guys "Who is this guy?"

Corbyn scratched his head "Erm.. a family cousin, it's Dan's older cousin, right Dan?" he chuckled jabbing his arm into his friend. "Yeah" Daniel chuckled slightly "Me and cousin Herald go way back" Matt made a face at the name 'Herald' so did the others. Matt cleared his throat "I'm Herald" he choked out the words "I came to see how Daniel and his friends were doing" Freddie turned back to Emily with a frown. "She'll be fine man" Zach looked on. "She will" he reassured him. He turned to the group. "You know where to find me if you ever need anything" Freddie told the group. They nodded. "Nice meeting you Herald" Matt acknowledged him before he walked out.