*13* A Night To Remember *13*

Before anyone can react, I jump onto the unsteady rope railing and run to the front with a burst of confidence, stabbing one of my swords into his massive stomach. He howls a bit in pain, near ready to fall back before loudly saying, "Even if you kill me, you'll still be a monster. Don't you forget that. Once a monster-"
I stop him by sending my other sword straight through his neck, leaning in close with a dark, serious look, his eyes wide while he chokes on his blood, as I whisper back, "Always a monster."

~~~~

The Goblin King's limp body slips off of my sword, thumping against the bridge roughly, causing the bridge to shake, and the ropes holding the bridge to snap. Everyone screams as the bridge falls from beneath our feet, sending us plummeting towards the rocks below.

Without thinking, I conjure up another spell, yelling, "Ftero Ptosi!" 
The group begins to slow mere meters above the ground, but it's enough time for us all to land on our feet and run out of the cave. 

The light momentarily blinds me as we exit the cave, but I quickly blink away the blackness dotting my vision. Gandalf quickly looks around us, taking headcount. Panting slightly, I feel the magical energy within me deplete, causing me to fall back to my knees again. Using two strong spells in such a short amount of time would be a death sentence to most, but I'm only weakened.

My eyes stay trained on the deep emerald grass below us as I continue attempting to regain my breath.

In.  

I breathe in.

Out.

I breathe out.

Repeating the action a few more times, I feel myself calming, the adrenaline I did not know had taken root in my mind ebbing away. 

With my breathing back in control, I look over to the others in time to hear Gandalf finish his count. 
"Where's Bilbo? Where's our Hobbit?" Gandalf asks in a panicked voice looking around anxiously as if hoping to have just miscounted. 

My eyes widen again, and the calmness I had just instilled in myself dissipates within seconds, instead replaced with fear for my dear friend. 
Without thinking, I bolt up, ignoring the other's squabbling and demand, "Who saw him last?"

"I think I saw him slip away, when they first collard us," Nori replies unsurely, staring at the ground. 

"What happened exactly? Tell me!" Gandalf demands, stomping over to the slightly frightened Dwarf. 

"I'll tell you what happened," Thorin begins, and I can already sense his venomous tone. His eyes are narrowed and his lips are pulled into a snarl.

"Master Baggins saw his chance and he took it! He's thought of nothing but his soft bed and his warm hearth since first he stepped out of his door! We will not be seeing our Hobbit again."

At this, I feel rage bubbling up inside of me, and I can't help but snap back at him. 

"Don't you dare insult him, Thorin! You know nothing of what he is like!" I growl at Thorin, worry fueling my rage. I clench my fists around my swords, turning towards the Goblin Town tunnel we had exited mere moments ago and beginning towards it. Thorin's rough hand clamps around my bruised arm, forcibly turning me to face his glare. 

"I know exactly what he is like: A homesick little Hobbit who can't even hold a sword properly! He is long gone," Thorin growls. I glare back into his sapphire eyes, a flame of rage burning brightly behind my violet ones. My heart skips a beat as I realize how close we are, nearly chest to chest. I can feel the butterflies in my stomach,  but I push the thought away. Now is not the time.