*21* Amari *21* (Also We Hit 1k Reads :O)

Ambrosia's POV

   Thorin smiles gently at me, leaning in and gently kissing me before sitting up and grasping a piece of my hair. Slowly, as if relishing this moment, he begins braiding the section. I smile, watching his large, calloused hands twist the long strand of hair. 

   "Well, since you know so little of me, how about we play a game?" I suggest, smirking lightly. 

   Thorin smirks in return. "I had no idea you liked games. What is this game?"

   "Just a question game. You ask me a question, I answer, and you can answer if you'd like. Then I ask you a question and so forth," I respond. 

   Thorin hums in thought for a moment. "Sounds simple enough. I'll ask first."

   Thorin hums again.

   "What is your favorite color?"

   I burst into laughter, clutching my stomach. "I expected something much more serious!" I exclaim loudly, looking up at Thorin. 

   "This is valuable information!" Thorin teasingly defends, his eyes never leaving his work.

   "What, like my favorite flower would be?" I sarcastically tease back, rolling my eyes lightly.

   "Absolutely. How else am I to know what type of flower to give you after I've angered you, Amari? Or what color of that flower you like best?" Thorin teases back, his eyes momentarily leaving the braid to meet mine. 

   I laugh at his response, blushing slightly at the nickname before finally giving in. "Alright, alright, you win. It's blue. Light blue. And my favorite flower is Jade Vine." (Pictured Above)

   "Jade Vine?" Thorin asks, surprised. 

    I smirk again. "What did you expect me to say? Roses?" 

   Thorin's kind smile returns. "The roses are misleading, I'll admit."

    My smirk softens to a smile. "I suppose they are." I hum quietly, thinking of the perfect question before one pops into my mind. 

   "What is so special about the Arkenstone?"

   I've never understood why Dwarves liked jewels and riches so much. You can't survive in the woodland wilderness off of rubies and gold. Why do they worship it so much?

   Thorin's eyes widen at my question. "The Arkenstone is the King's jewel and heart of the mountain. It was found by my father's father, King Thror. He declared it the King's jewel, a marker of one's right to rule Erebor."

   Quirking my eyebrows, I respond curiously, "But it is your birthright to rule Erebor, is it not? Why would a fancy rock have any weight in that?"

   Thorin shakes his head lightly at my answer, finishing the braid and slipping the courting bead in place. "Just wait. Once you lay eyes on it, you will understand."

   Thorin stands, offering me a hand up. Once we're both standing, I ask, "How does it look?"

   Thorin leans forward, lightly kissing my forehead before responding, "Beautiful. Now, let's go tell the others the wonderful news!" 

   He begins to lead me towards the house, but I can't help but stop him. 

   "Wait- the others - they won't like this. I'm not even half dwarf! I cannot be a queen!" I try to reason with him.   

    Thorin turns around to face me, "The others love you. They will have no problems with you as our queen, I promise."

    I look at him skeptically, but allow him to pull me along. 

   "You know, they cried when we thought you had died."

    My eyes widen in shock. "What?"

   Thorin nods. "Everyone had tears in their eyes. After all, you're one of us."

   Those words resonate in me. 'You're one of us.' Suddenly, all my doubts fade and a smile is back on my face.

    We finally enter the house and everyone's eyes are immediately on the bead in my hair.

   The silence turns to cheers and bags of money are tossed around the room. Each of the dwarves congratulate us, and Thorin and I share a smile. Thorin gives me a smug look, as if to say, 'I told you'.

    But I can't help but feel worried. Something is wrong- or will be soon. And somehow, I know it all starts just outside this hut. In Mirkwood. 

~~~~~~

A/N

Hello everyone! Sorry for being late again and for the short chapter \-o-/. But guess what? 

.+*This Story Reached 1,000 Reads Today!!!!*+. 

Thank you all so much for reading this story and voting (42 Votes?! Htf! :O), and I promise I will have a longer chapter out next week!!! (On time :3)

 Anyways, I have another question for you all (not that the last one got any replies lol).

How do you all like this story?

Anyways, I will see you all next week and once again, Thank you for 1k reads!!!

Sayonara for now! <3