*14*

A/N

Big Thanks To @BookDragonAesthetics For Being The First Person To Ever Comment On My Book, As Well As On Last Chapter. Please read the A/N at the end of this chapter if you want to know what is going on with this book.

~~~~~~

Ambrosia's POV

A rough hand slaps my grey skinned cheek, knocking it to the side where it hangs in lull for a moment, the smirk never leaving my face. Defiantly, I raise my head again, despite the blood running from my cheek. Azog glares down at me with a fiery rage. But for some reason, I'm not afraid. Instead, I feel rather free, despite our predicament. 

"You believe pledging your allegiance to them will make them trust you again? Do you really believe that being sworn to them will keep you safe?" Azog drawls, the tip of his blade arm dragging across my neck, yet not quite cutting it.

"Of course not. In fact, I expect that I shall never be trusted by them again; that they will cast me out. Though I can't say I wouldn't do the same. And as for being safe, I've never been safe. Not while you still roam Middle Earth," I reply, mentally pushing Lash back into her chains, to which she barely resists.

A pang of sadness hits me at the realization that I will be cast out of the group. Away from Thorin. But it's too late to go back now. I have to keep pushing. I have to get the others out of here.

My words seem to have added fuel to his fiery rage, and he quickly turns around towards the Dwarves, who silently watch from the trees with their powerful glares.

"Leave Oakenshield to me. Kill the others," He commands angrily.

My eyes widen as the Orcs begin running towards the trees, which begin to tip. I watch in horror, frozen in shock as the company jumps from tree to tree, eventually all ending up on one, final tree. 

Gandalf lights a pinecone and they begin throwing them at the oncoming Wargs. Oh, so now Gandalf can use his magic?! Not a few minutes ago apparently. I suppose keeping his word isn't something a great wizard like him should care about.

A sudden pain hits my chest, and I hear the menacing growl of  Lash from inside of me. She continues pushing against my chest for a few moments, screaming obscenities for what seems like forever. I can feel her taking control of my arms, but I regain control quickly and push her back into my mind. I can't let her out. Especially not in a time like this. I need to get free. I need to protect the company.

Without a second thought, I use one of the few good things this form gives me. Spikes shoot from the ice blue vines on my forearms, piercing the hands of my captors and injecting them with poison. My captors fall away from me with painful screams, leaving my exhausted form free. 

Closing my eyes for a moment, I prepare to use my magic to summon my fell blades. Standing, I focus all my energy on my hands. Feeling the familiar, painful rush of ice cold magic at my finger tips, I summon my blades.

The cracked, yet strong black blades fit perfectly in my hands as I open my eyes. Already sensing the presence of orcs behind me, I swing my body into a perfect twirl, slicing off their heads. I stop twirling, facing the wall of fire that now stands between the company and my kind. The border that has, and no doubt always will exist. 

The company cheers at their creation from atop the tree. But the tree begins to give out a deafening crack that causes my already gray face to turn white. The tree begins to fall backwards, towards the canyon, and I bolt towards it. My skin burns as I rush through the fire, but I don't have time to care.

Bilbo, Fili, Kili, Gloin, Oin, Dwalin, Balin, Nori, Dori, Ori, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur-

Thorin.