*18* An Explanation *18*

A/N Pic Above is sort of how I imagine Fang and Talon. Just a bit younger.

Ambrosia's POV

   "But Mom, I'm not tired yet!" Talon complains, laying down on his bed with tired eyes. 

   "Me neither. This isn't fair-" Avaline yawns.

   "Well, that's too bad. You need to get some sleep. Unless you all want to be exhausted when Uncle Beorn takes you out to play tomorrow?" I warn, tucking the children into their separate beds.

   The children's eyes widen and they all snuggle into their beds with a quick "Goodnight".

   "Goodnight darlings," I coo, turning away from them and walking downstairs to the main area of the barn.

   "They're asleep, I take it?" A gruff voice asks from atop one of the hay bales.

   I nod tiredly, "Finally. I didn't know children could be so energetic."

   Beorn laughs lightly at this. 
   "You are still knew to parenting. There is much you don't know."

   Beorn hands me a glass of wine, which I take gratefully as I sit down beside him.

   "Well, now that the children are asleep, I think it's time you tell me where you've been for the past few months?" Beorn requests, watching me with an accusing look.

   I sigh, leaning back against the wall behind us as I recount the past few month's endeavors to him. Beorn listens quietly, nodding his head every once in a while.

   "So you swore yourself to them, then disappeared," He observes. Damn, he's just like Adar.

   "Yes. But that was because of the danger they would be in if I hadn't retrieved the antidote," I explain, setting down my now empty glass.

   Beorn hums in response, nodding in understanding.

   "I still do not understand why you would help dwarves."

   Rolling my eyes, I respond, "They may be stubborn and have bad manners, but I believe it was the right thing to do."

   Beorn huffs at that. "Let me guess, you want to go and find them?"

   Smiling lightly, I respond, "Yes, I very much do. I owe them an explanation. But when I do go, could you please watch the children for me?"

    Beorn nods, standing up. "The moon will be up soon. I should prepare."

   I nod, standing as well. "Thank you, Beorn."

   Beorn exits the barn, shutting the heavy doors behind him and I head back upstairs to get one of my potions.

   Two days ago, the children and I arrived here. I've lived here for over forty years with Beorn, and when I left I had not left any note. Luckily for me, Beorn is quite used to me disappearing, so he did not worry.

   Opening one of the drawers next to my bed, I grab one of my potions and gulp it down, feeling a tingling sensation as it passes my chest. I've still got about a weeks worth of potions left. Enough for me to locate and travel to find the company. I hope.

3rd Person's POV (With The Company)

   Bilbo climbs down from the rocks surrounding the company, panic on his face.

   "How close is the pack?" Dwalin demands, standing from his place.

   "Too close. A couple of leagues, no more, but that is not the worst of it."