Chapter 2 - My Roof... Mine!

I dreamed about her. My mom. About us. Our little games. Our royal castle in the forest. But also about the bad things. The day she was gone. The emptiness I had felt inside of me since. It was all there. In the dreams I had during every night. This night was no different. I slowly woke to my own crying. I could feel in my dry throat I'd been crying for quite some time. I tried swallowing and noticed I was somehow warmer than I used to. I slowly peeked through my eyelids and saw that I had another and thicker blanket around me. Where the hell did that come from? I asked myself and thought back to the day before. I hadn't found this, had I? No, I strictly remember going to sleep with only my old cold blanket.

"Good morning" a man's voice startled me and I jumped to my feet, ready to fight with someone.

The guy looking back up at me from his place, beside where I had just been, was the same guy who had thought he could help me the day before.

"What the hell?! Did you follow me?! What do you want?!" I hissed at him.

He looked at me with surprised and hurt eyes. I took the blankets and seperated his from mine before I threw it at him.

"I just wanted to help" he said with a low apoligizing voice.

I narrowed my eyes and looked at him. Then something came to my mind and I started looking at my clothes. Maybe he had raped me in my sleep. But everything looked like it should and I didn't feel anything.

"Please sit down, I brought breakfast" he said and he held up a bag with something in it.

As if it had gotten an order my stomach growled. He got something satisfied in his eyes and I looked at him through my narrowed eyes.

"You need to leave" I growled.

His face turned into shock.

"Why?" he asked and I looked at him with raised eyebrows.

"This is my roof... mine" I said, putting heaviness into the last word.

He smirked and I flinched.

"Last I checked this roof belongs to the one owning this building, and by how you slept when I got here this building isn't yours" he said and shook the bag he held in his hands.

My stomach growled again and I sighed. I sat down on my blanket and held out my hand. With a smile on his lips he put a bagel in my hands.

"Don't glow. It's unattractive" I said and his smile got bigger. "After we've eaten, I want you gone" I added and his smile faded a little but it was still too big according to me.

I took a small bite from the bagel and the taste took me off guard. I hadn't eaten something so good in ages. I couldn't stop the moan that came out of my mouth.

"You like it?" he asked and I shot him a glare. "Okaay" he said, his voice dying.

I continued eating and when I had eaten the bagel in less than one minute he handed me another one. I tried to decline but he just stared at me with a gaze that told me no wasn't an answer. I ate that one too in less than a minute and my stomach felt full. He offered a third bagel but I just shook my head.

"You can't be full already, I insist, take one more" he said with a friendly voice.

"But I am believe me" I said and without any warning he pinched my stomach. "Ow" I said.

"Oh, but there's room for more" he said and I looked at him.

He had a small smile on his lips and at first I began to mirror the smile but then it reminded me too much of the time my mom used to do that when I was a kid. So instead I ended up looking away, trying to swallow my tears. I didn't want him to notice but for some reason he wasn't the type that let anything slip by.

"Sorry, did I hurt you?" he asked and when I wouldn't look at him his hand softly touched my chin and brought my eyes facing him.

His blue eyes looked into mine and I shook my head.

"No, it just reminds me of..." my voice trailed off.

Why am I telling him this? No way I would let that happen. So I did what I always did. I shut down and held a poker face. I could see his disappoinment in his face.

"You need to go" I said and stood up.

I hid my blanket as I saw him getting up to his feet and I started walking away from him. He grabbed my hand making me turn towards him.

"Please, don't go. Let me help you, buy you new clothes, buy some more food, anything" he pleaded and I saw the desperation in his eyes.

"Unless you can buy me a house we have nothing to talk about" I said with my poker face, joking.

"Well, I could" he offered and I cut him off.

"I was joking" I said over articulating.

"Oh" was all he said and I rolled my eyes.

"I want nothing from you, the only thing I want is to be left alone, got it? I don't need help" I said harsh and I pulled my hand back from his.

I took off and walked towards the ladder. I heard him quickly gather his stuff and then he was after me. I heard his footsteps but I decided to ignore them. I cilmbed down the ladder and jumped the last feet, landing on the ground. I walked towars the street but before I could get around a corner I heard a big thump together with an "ow!" so I turned around and found the guy on the ground, rubbing his ankle. I let go of a bigh sigh before heading back to him. When he looked up at me I could see his wounded pride.

"You okay?" I asked and he looked at his ankle.

"Nope" he said truly.

I sighed again and reached out my hand. He looked at it and then at me. I didn't say a word but he took it anyway and I helped him up. We started walking and he leaned mostly against me since he couldn't stand on his right foot. I thought about were we should go, to a hospital? I didn't know but I didn't want to ask him either, I enjoyed the silence that had become my friend for so long. Sadly for me he didn't seem to like it as much as I did.

"You know, now you have to come to my loft" I just stared at him and he quickly added "cause I can't get in there on my own."

I tried not to sigh but just nodded.

"You're not the chatty type, I've noticed" he said and that made me roll my eyes.

"No shit, Sherlock" I stated and he started chuckling. "That wasn't meant as a joke" I breathed.

"Harsh... why are you trying to push me away by being rude?" I felt his gaze upon me.

I didn't answer. The rest of the walk was quiet except for the guy telling me where to go. I didn't ask for his name, he didn't either. I just wanted to get him to his loft so I could go back to being alone.