Chapter 26 - Trapped Inside

Roy, Esposito, Ryan and every other cop in the room hade their guns pointing in my direction while the other people in the room, including Rick, gasped in surprise and shock. Rick looked at me with a horrified look and I tried to stay calm for his sake. I didn't want him to feel any guilt at all for Bracken ripping me away from him, it wasn't his fault. Though I had a feeling he would blame himself, especially if anything happened to me. To my surprise I wasn't afraid. Not anymore. Not since I saw all the evidence on the big screen. Now everyone knew. I had been afraid of him since my mom died, and I was done. I was done being afraid of him. I felt the knife scar into my throat some, not deep, it was probably just because Bracken moved behind me, trying to figure out what way to take out.

"Don't move!" Roy called out.

"Put the knife down now!" Esposito shouted.

"Let her go" Ryan said, he was the one who was most calm.

I felt Brackens grip tighten and I was started to have trouble breathing. My fear was completely gone, I didn't know how that was possible but I just wasn't scared anymore. Something started running down my throat and I almost instantly understood it must be blood. It didn't hurt but I could see Rick's body stiffen when his eyes caught the red stripe on my throat. I looked into his eyes and I tried to tell him not to do anything stupid, I didn't want him to get hurt in a try to save me.

"Drop the knife" Roy said and I could see he really tried to come through to Bracken.

"Killing her won't change anything" Ryan said and I was starting to see black spots around my vision.

I figured it was because of the lack of oxygen I got through his tight hold. Bracken started backing with me towards an exit and warned everyone not to follow. I was starting to get dizzy now too and it was hard to keep up with the speed Bracken wanted me to walk in.

"Stay back! I'm warning you" Bracken said as Esposito, Ryan and Roy started to follow.

They stopped in their tracks and I closed my eyes for just one moment to try get rid of the black spots. When I opened them again I couldn't see Rick anywhere. Now I started to get afraid. I tried to search for him without moving my head and making the knife cutting any deeper into my throat. I couldn't see him anywhere and it was starting to freak me out. I didn't need him to do something stupid, I didn't want him hurt.

"You are as stubborn as your mother, and you know how it ended for her" Bracken mumbled in my ear and I felt a chill go down my spine. "Why couldn't you stay in the garbage, huh? Why couldn't you just let it go?" he said with anger in his voice.

I didn't know if it would be a bad idea to answer, maybe that would make him angrier and actually slit my throat. But then they would shoot him and he knew it.

"It wasn't my choice, but I'm glad I did. Now the whole world knows, and you will never ever get away with any of it" I spit out before I could stop myself.

The knife was pressed harder against my throat and I could feel the blood drain faster. I didn't feel the pain though. I knew I should because it was a cut, not deep enough to kill me, yet. But I should definitely feel pain, and yet I didn't. I could see the eyes widen in the detectives faces and I knew they had seen the blood as well. We backed and I almost tripped over my own feet, it was getting hard for me to concentrate on where to put my feet. The black spots doubled and it was even harder for me to breath.

"Move faster" Bracken demanded in my ear and I tried my best to do what he said.

I tried to move in his speed and soon we were near enough to open the door, which would eventually lead to an exit.