Chapter 9 - The Grip Of Death

I sat down in the couch waiting for Rick to come back from the bathroom. He had told me to stay there so he could go take a shower and then he would come back and we could continue watching movies for the rest of the day. He had been in there for forever so I decided to go check if he was alright.

"Rick?" I asked before pushing his bedroom door open.

No one was to be seen so I took a few steps inside. Once I was in I didn't know what to do or where to go. I couldn't hear the shower so he couldn't still be in there. I went over to the bed and touched the covers softly with the tips of my fingers. I heard a dull thump and I jumped at the sound turning towards it. I saw Rick stand in the opening to the bathroom and he had just dropped his boxers on the ground. To my relief he had his towel around him. A small part of me was disappointed and I couldn't figure why.

"Kate?" he said and I blushed hard.

I turned around to give him his privacy and I could hear him pick up his boxers. He started moving around behind me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't... think you were still... in the shower" I stuttered.

Keep it together Kate! I tried not to think too much about the abs I had seen on his stomach. About how wet his hair was. How beautiful he looked.

"It's okay. I'm done" he said and I turned around to find him still without a shirt.

Was he trying to kill me? Couldn't he see the desire I had in my eyes? Or maybe he could see it and just enjoyed teasing me. I couldn't stop staring at him with wide eyes. He got closer, one step at a time. When he was close enough his hand slowly touched my cheek and I felt something shoot through our touch. I looked into his eyes and they mirrored mine. Hunger. Desire. Heat. He bent down a little, not much but enough to make our breaths touch the other's face. His breath was hot and it felt nice blowing on my face. His lips were so close. Only inches away from my own. There was an invisible tension between us. His blue eyes were staring into mine and it was like we could see into each other's souls. He bent down a little further but not enough to let our lips touch. It was starting to frustrate me. I wanted him. Badly. And I could see in his eyes that he wanted me too. I decided to break the beautiful silence.

"Kiss me" I whispered and I could see something sparkle in his eyes.

He bent down further and I closed my eyes as his lips touched mine. It was just a small peck. I looked up at him and he looked down at me with question in his eyes. I stepped on my toes and let our lips touch again. At first he was surprised but almost immediately started to move his lips against mine. I laid my hands in his wet hair and played with it around my fingers. I felt his hands land on my hips and he held me close to him. His tongue brushed across my under lip and without a doubt I parted my lips. Our tongues met and danced together. The heat in the room raised and my heartbeat was racing in my chest. I moaned and I felt his body stiffening against mine. I felt something disturbing the peace in his pants against me. I put my arms around his waist and dragged him with me while I stepped backwards to the bed. I let the bed trip me down and he followed me, landing on top of me. His body moved against mine and I slid my hands over his chest. His hands travelled down my body and slipped under my shirt. His touch was electrifying and pleasant bullets shot through every inch he touched. We pulled away our lips so he could pull my shirt over my head. The split second the shirt was out of the way he crashed his lips back to mine. His bulge was moving against me and couldn't help but put my legs around him. Not to stop him, definitely not to stop him. But more to make it possible for him to get closer to me. He stopped kissing my lips and kissed his way down to my ear, where he gently bit it. I growled and he kissed my neck. He kissed my pulse, making my heart beat harder.