Chapter 25 - Flashing

Once the elevator doors opened we walked into the precinct where Esposito and Ryan were waiting for us. They greeted us and led us into an office where a dark skinned man sat in a chair behind the desk in there. They closed the door behind us and pulled down the curtains. The man raised and reached out his hand. Rick took it first and shook it before the man reached out the hand to me.

"I'm captain Roy Montgomery" he said and I took his hand shaking it.

"I'm Rick Castle and this is..." Rick started but Roy cut him off.

"Katherine Beckett, yeah, I knew your mother, I'm so sorry for your lose even if it's years ago now" he said and I looked at him shocked.

"You knew my mom? How?" I asked and he smiled sadly at me.

"She was a lawyer, I came across her many times during my cases in the old days" he said and I 'ooh'ed.

He sat down in his chair again and took up some papers he had on his desk. I peeked down at the papers and I could see he had printed out all the information Esposito had found in my mom's ring. I had no idea I had been caring the one thing that had the information to set me free.

"I think we should move fast, given what I've heard from these two you've been hiding from Bracken for a long time, and that must stop now. No one deserves what you've been through" he said and I nodded.

He gathered all the papers he had in front of him and raised from his chair again.

"Sir, is it okay if I go with you? I've been waiting a long time to see that bastard get put behind bars" I said at first careful but at the end I couldn't help but get an anger tone in my voice.

"Of course, but you need to stay in the back, we don't want anything to happen to you" he answered as he started walking out of his office.

"Then I'm coming to" Rick stated and Roy turned around to look at us.

I glanced over at Rick and he took my hand in his, showing Roy how much he wanted to protect me, how much he wanted to be there for me. I smiled a little looking down at my feet. I didn't need his protection but I found it cute that he really wanted to be by my side at any times.

"Same goes for you, stay in the back" Roy said and Rick thanked him.

Roy went out of his office while the guys stayed and went through what the plan was. They showed us a map of the building where Bracken was going to have a speech today at 4 pm. They were going to surround the building with cops to make sure Bracken wouldn't be able to get anywhere.

"Montgomery will personally cuff him, and we will be right there with him" Esposito said with a proud facial expression.

"And since we figured you would want to be with us when we do, we fixed it so you will be close to us when we arrest him" Ryan said and I thanked them both.

"Let's go detectives, I've gathered the team, and more people are on their way to the building" Roy popped in his head and we all got going.

We went out of the precinct and got into the cars. I jumped into the car Ryan was going to drive. Esposito jumped into the front seat while Rick sat in the backseat with me. I was starting to get nervous and I could see Rick noticed because he took my hand and when I looked into his deep blue eyes and they calmed me down immediately. His eyes told me we would be able to do this, that we would get through all of this.

"We're here" Esposito declared as Ryan pulled over.

We jumped out of the car and met Roy outside the car. They put on their vests and I started to get worried. What if something would happen to them? Then it would all be my fault. If something would get wrong they would never forgive me, and if someone of them would get badly hurt their family wouldn't forgive me.