Chapter 28 - Hospital

"Kaaate" someone whispered in my ear and I mumbled as I snuggled closer to Rick's body. "Time to wake up sleepy head" he continued to whisper as I started to wake up.

I heard the beeping sound from the heart monitor and I could smell his wonderful scent.

"The doctor was here before, he thinks you can go home today" Rick whispered and kissed my head.

I smiled and opened my eyes, peeking up at him. I felt his hands stroking my back and I shivered at the static shooting through his touch.

"How much is the clock?" I asked with a sleepy and rasping voice.

He started chuckling under me and I bit my lip.

"I thought you could tell the clock by the sun, guess" he said still chuckling.

I rolled my eyes and looked at the window. As soon as I saw the sunlight I widened my eyes.

"Wait, is the clock really 11:40am? Why didn't you wake me?" I asked while I looked up at him.

He looked down at me with an amazed face.

"You really do know the time by only seeing the sun, that is so cool. Can you teach me?" he asked excitedly.

"You're such a kid" I laughed at his excitement but could see the puppy eyes come on. "Fine, I'll try" I said and tried to stop laughing.

His right hand landed on my left arm and I squeaked as he too my surprise pushed me over on my back as he followed, hovering over me. I felt my heart start to pound faster as I thought of all the things he could possibly make me feel. The beeping from the monitor therefore sounded faster and I felt so embarrassed for Rick actually being able to hear what his actions did to me. He smirked at me and leaned down, making my heart beat faster as he was getting closer and closer to me by each second. Once his lips where on mine the beeping was so fast I couldn't believe no doctor had come yet. He kissed me deeply and my whole being got electrified. Our lips moved in syncronisation and I let my hands travel along his chest back to his back where I moved them to pull his body closer to mine. I could feel how he believed he should pull away but even he was trapped in the way our bodies felt wrapped up in each other. His hands stroke my body from up and down my side, following my every curve making me shiver to his touch. He moved his lips from mine and went down to continue kissing my neck.

A knock on the door made Rick jump away from me quickly and we both tried to catch our breaths before whoever was at the other side would come inside. As our breaths steadied the door opened and in came a running redhead.

"Hey Alexis!" I squealed as she jumped up in the bed and crashed into my open arms.

I looked at Rick over her shoulder and he breathed out slowly, relieved it had only been his daughter but I could also see he was relieved she hadn't caught us making out as fully as we had. He smiled at me and he put his arms around us, hugging us both at the same time. Plus it gave him a chance to peck my lips without Alexis knowing.

"Hello dears" Martha said as she came into the room.

Rick let go of us and Alexis pulled away too but stayed seated in my lap.

"Have you slept well?" Martha asked as she too sat down on the bedside.

Both me and Rick answered yes at the same time. Alexis giggled at us and I remembered the little elephant she had given to me. I checked on the night table and saw it laying there, I guessed Rick had put it there when he laid down beside me the night before.

"When can you come home? Do you know yet?" Alexis asked excitedly and I looked at Rick.

"The doc says she maybe could come home today, but we'll have to check with him once he comes back again" Rick answered and we nodded.

"Should we call on him?" Martha asked and Rick shrugged his shoulders.

"Only if Kate wants to" he said and they all looked at me.

"Well, I want to get home as soon as possible so yes" I said and Rick then pushed the call button with a smile on his lips.

We only had to wait for about five minutes before doctor WIlson came in through the doors. He asked me how I felt and checked the machines before he told me he recommended I didn't stay home alone for the next few days in case something would come up from the hit in the back of my head, but that if I promised not to be alone that I could go home today.

"I'll take care of her, don't worry" Rick said and he looked at me.

Our eyes met and I drowned in his ocean eyes. The dotcor said something more and shut down the machines before he left but I didn't pay attention, and I doubted Rick did either.

"Oh, kiddos how about we leave this place?" Martha said and I shook my head to gather my thoughts.

"Yes, of course. You and Aleis can go down and grab a cab, and I'll help Kate if she needs my help" Rick said and Martha nodded.

Martha took Alexis's hand and the two redheads disappeard out of the room.

"Here, they brought you some clothes yeterday, I told them to take them with them in case you would wake up" Rick said and took out a bag from under the bed.

I sat up and threw my legs over the edge of the bed. I stood up but immediately fell down on the bed again. Rick was right by my side and helped me stand up again.

"Thanks" I said and he smiled at me before he opened the bag and took out the clothes his mother had packed for me.

"What's this?" I asked when I saw the clothes.

It didn't look like it was any of Rick's clothes, and it didn't look like something Martha would wear either. I took up the white blouse and held it in front of me. It was a little too big but it was still more my size than it was Martha's. Rick looked at me and he, too, looked a little surprised.

"They must've bought these clothes in Paris" he said with a small, proud smile.

I held up a pair of pants and to my relief they were in my size, they were black jeans and it fitted perfectly to the blouse.

"You want me to help you get dressed?" Rick asked and I knew even though he wanted to help as much as possible there was a small sneakiness in his voice.

I laughed and went closer to him, so I stood close to him. I leaned into his ear and I could hear him gulp.

"Not this time tiger" I whispered and pulled away.

He looked at me with a sad puppy face and I laughed. He looked so adorable, and I couldn't help but laugh at his try. Suddenly he crashed his lips on mine and my heart immediately started beating faster. The kiss was filled with passion and he asked for acces, I let him in and our tongues started dancing together, searching, feeling, tasting. He pulled away and I panted for air.

"How about now?" he asked and I laughed while catching my breath.

"No, your mom and daughter are waiting for us" I said reminding him of the time we didn't have at the moment.

He nodded and I took my clothes before I went to the toilet in the room. I changed as quickly as I could and when I went out I met admiring eyes from Rick.

"What?" I asked and looked down on my body.

Maybe I looked too skinny in this, cause even though I had gotten enough food for a time now I was still skinny and needed a little more flesh on my bones before I would be considered normal size. Or maybe the clothes didn't fit me as in I looked ridiculous in them. Rick came towards me and stopped in front of me. He took my chin and made me look up at him.

"You look beautiful" he said and I blushed as I shook my head. "Yes you do, you are perfect" he said and leaned down to kiss my lips again,

The kiss didn't last long since his phone started ringing and when he answered it was Martha on the other end telling they had found a cab and were waiting downstairs. Rick took the bag and I grabbed the elephant on my night table and held it close to me.

"Ready to get out of here?" Rick asked as he held out his arm.

"Hell yeah" I said and hooked my arm in his.

Somewhere in my mind I could hear my mom say 'language' but I only smiled while we walked out, leaving the bad behind.