Chapter Twenty Two: He has a Name

Song: Failure by Breaking Benjamin

*

*

Time seemed to stand still. All breath was knocked out from my lungs when my eyes landed on the man in front of me. My heart seemed to stop beating. 

This man.

I've seen him.

He was there the night of the crash....he tried to help me. Memories of that night flashes before my eyes. Even now, I can still see the flames of the fire licking his skin, and how the ashes of the fire rained down upon his desperate face.

And the fire itself.... I remember how the fire seemed to dance in his eyes. It flickered and its thick, black smoke surrounded him in an attempt to snuff him out. 

And his eyes.

In his eyes, the orange glow of the fire was reflected. The colors of the fire seemed to have taken over his irises, changing them from an icy blue to a dark glow that was brought on my tradjety and death.

Even his icy eyes could not burn the fire out.

I can still feel his frigid glare cast down into my own eyes when he saw the destruction I caused. I can still see his desperation as he tried to save the child that I killed.

And I can still feel his pain when the child could not be saved.

And now he stands before me.

But unlike the last time I saw him, this time, he's emotionless. Void. Empty.

There's nothing. Absolutely nothing. His eyes are like the cold, dark depths of the ocean. They almost seem to glow in the darkness that wishes to conceal this man in front of me.

The shadows creep along his features, shielding parts of his appearance from me. The darkness dips and sinks into the crevices of his facial features and his rugged appearance makes him look dangerous.

And maybe he is.

He wears a dark grey T-shirt and jeans. His boots are black and his brown hair is tousled and wind swept from no doubt the motorcycle that I've seen him make his escapes on. His eyes studies my own and with his thumb he swipes over a bruise on my cheek.

I flinch back in fear.

"D-don't touch me." I warn, backing away fearfully. He's so tall, much taller than me. He's muscular and strong, everything that I'm not. I'm no match against him and for that, I'm terrified.

He could crush me in seconds.

And his eyes....they're cold. So, so cold. It's like he has no emotions. He's mysterious and he stares at me with a blank expression. Every customer I've had has always had some kind of an expression crawling across their faces, whether that be lust, desire, or evil.

But his....his expression is void. It holds nothing as his eyes capture and imprison my own. He studies me, and I watch as his eyes scan my body. I know I'm not the prettiest and I know I look pretty broken right now, and though I cower under his gaze, I don't blame him.

And then he walks forwards, slowly stalking me like I am his prey.

And maybe I am.

He did purchase me for his pleasure, after all.

"Rule number six of the code all under our commands must follow. Submit and obey. Submit yourselves to us and obey the customers that you serve. Offer your body to them, you are nothing and will always be nothing. Respect them. Don't look them in the eyes unless they command you to. You are inferior. Ask of them how they would like to be pleasured and obey. Refusal to do any of the codes and you will be accordingly punished."  My trafficker's words flow through my head.