Chapter Fifty Two: The Good News

Song: Born This Way by Lady Gaga

*

*

I had yet to tell Colton the exciting news

I had yet to tell Colton the exciting news. I guess we both got too caught up in each other yesterday that it slipped my mind. Now that I had recalled the previous events, though, I couldn't wait to inform him.

I arose that Saturday morning, wearing my famous white whale pajamas with a cup of hot coffee at my lips as I sat on the couch, watching the morning news waiting for Colton to wake up. Pancakes that were still warm were stacked atop the counter, the smell lingering around the home sweetly.

I wondered how he would react, though, I am a bit nervous about accepting the offer. Life as I know it would change drastically, the simplicity gone as well as the daily struggles of finance. Is this something that I really want? To chase my dream yet be bombarded by fame, my privacy stripped away or disregarded?

I think I'm ready, but is it really what I want?

I thought for a bit, thinking about all the different things I could do with money if I had lots of it. I could buy a nice home, settle down and relax. I think it's what I deserve, I think it's what Colton deserves.

I could even use the money to help Colton get back on his feet again.

If I do this, I'm only going to do this if I take some of my money and put them towards good causes.

Planning out your future is exciting, especially when you do have the money to make those dreams blossom into reality.

With a newfound excitement, I presented Colton with a smile on my face when he walked out of his room. He stretched and yawned, mouth wide open and eyes squinting as he did so. Hair was a ruffled mass on his head and he scratched his belly. He wore black and red plaid pajama bottoms and a plain white muscle tank which showed off all his scars and few tattoos he had.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He asks, raising an eyebrow with a quizzical look on his face.

I shrug. "I-I have some news.....good news this time, that I forgot to tell you about yesterday because of what happened." I said.

"Good news?" He hums, "I could use some good news for once." He sits down on the recliner across from me, elbows on knees and his face resting in his hands as he stares at me with eagerness.

My heart pounds in my chest because I don't know for sure how he will react. Will he want publicity drawn to him? Will the possibility of fame be too much for him to handle and would he leave me?

But at the same time I'm excited. Too many possibilities that I've yet to explore lie in wait.

"Well, as you know I had a performance the other day at work. Everyone was there, Dagger was there as usual and what I didn't know all this time was that he actually works at a record label company.....and by works there I mean he practically owns the place." I tell him.