Chapter Fifty Three: Imperfect Whole

Song: Scars by I prevail

*

A/N: Behind schedule....oops! Life happens, I've been busy with my final moments of high school! (A nightmare with my eyes open) I graduate next Saturday, so it's been a hassle trying to keep up with finals and last minute homework lol.

Any who, enough of my rambling....Last chapter! Bittersweet as always.....enjoy because next chapter is the epilogue!

*

He chuckled humorously at my question. I narrowed my eyes at him, completely unamused because I was serious.

"Oh, you were serious?" He asks rather dumbly.

I roll my eyes, shaking my head. "Of course I was serious, it would be fun."

He still doesn't look convinced, and my face falls. I stand from my seat and grab his hand, pulling it. "Come on, it'll be fun, I promise. Loosen up a bit, you should learn to live a little, it could do you some good."

I tugged on his arm harder, but he remained rock solid. "Please?" I give him the sad puppy look.

"Wait - what's that face you're giving me? And what's that shit you're doing with your bottom lip? Oh no, that's just cruel.....you know I can't resist when you give me that look...."

I pucker out my bottom lip even farther, not loosening my grip on his arm.

He sighs dramatically. "Fine, alright. But just so you know, I can't dance so if your toes are bruised by the end of tonight don't blame me."

I laugh, smiling wildly as I drag him to the dance floor. "It's easy, trust me. This is just slow dancing so all you got to do is put your hands here." I grab his hands so that they rest on my waist. "And I just put my hands here." I lay them on his shoulders.

"And then you just.....sway to the music like this." I start swaying, he doesn't though so it's a bit awkward as I'm the only one doing it. "Come on!" I chuckle, "You can do it."

He shakes his head and shrugs before he finally complies. The music grows louder and others around us start dancing. Colton and I remain eye contact, the lights dim and the disco ball above us slowly turns, spraying pretty sparkles of silver everywhere.

"You're doing good, this type of dancing isn't as hard as you thought it was, right?"

"No, it's not. I was just trying to use that excuse so I wouldn't have to dance.....but this isn't too bad." He replies.

"Who knows, maybe you'll be my back up dancer when I become big and start to sing in shows." I joke, giggling.

"With me dancing in the background, it would be more of a comedy show." 

I laugh. "Surely you can't be that bad. Who knows, maybe dancing could be your hidden talent? You got to have a talent buried in their somewhere."

He chuckles, shaking his head. "I'm quite convinced I'm talentless - unless there's a record for the most fucked up life."

"Hmph. How about hobbies? Have any of those?"

He shakes his head.

"Reading? How about drawing, writing, painting, sports? Maybe you're a football type of guy. If you had to pick one, which would it be?" I ask him. I'm sure there's something he would enjoy if he tried it.

"I suppose writing.....I guess I like it when the therapist tells me to write to help release stress and anxiety." He says, shrugging, as if he's not quite sure.

"That's good, maybe you should try writing stories, it could help keep your mind occupied with fresh imagination and-"

"I don't know about that," He chuckles, "That's a little bit out of my comfort zone and my personality."