Day 7 | Indecent Tricks And Treats (1) | LittleMinx

For any of my Unlawful Temptations or Seducing Danger fans and readers, the following excerpt takes place in book one between chapters 23 and 25 somewhere.

For anyone who hasn't read those works, this excerpt contains small spoilers but nothing major and is quite worth it if I do say so myself.

Enjoy ;)

About UNLAWFUL TEMPTATION

Rules are meant to be broken.

At least that was the motto that Kat Sanders led her life by. She said what she wanted, did what she pleased, and didn't give a damn who judged her for it. Her home life was less than perfect ever since her father left and her mother spiraled into a drug induced stupor, leaving Kat with the heavy responsibility of taking care of her five year old sister. So, in an ugly turn of events where Kat loses her job, she hurriedly accepts her friends offer to interview for a job as a nanny. Yet, when Kat meet her new employer, all bets are off. He's handsome, he's brooding, and enticingly dangerous with a gun tucked into his side and a badge of honor splayed proudly across his blue uniform. Dominic Reed had everything Kat could ever want in a man.

Everything, aside from a wife.

Will Kat be able to downplay her normal, rebellious attitude and attraction to her married boss, or will forbidden feelings bud and temptation once again claim a victory over Kat and Dominic?

Yet, who can tell where this game of Kat and mouse will lead as Dominic's lethal job intertwines into Kat's life in a very real, very dangerous way that will leave them both vulnerable and fated for destruction.

Game on. 

INDECENT TRICKS AND TREATS

I

"Hold still, Bugs."

I held my sister's costume pinched between my fingers and the safety pin ready for use pinched between my teeth. The metallic taste of the pin soaked through my taste buds and displeasure sent a shudder through my neck and up.

Charlotte burst into a fit of giggles, making it all the more difficult to secure the makeshift tail I'd made from random materials around the house onto her pants.

When my sister told me a few weeks back that she wanted to be a Catfish for Halloween, I didn't really think twice about it. Sure, it was an odd choice but my sister built her world out of oddities and silly quirks. My sister had always been special and I adored that about her. In a box full of blandly colored crayons, she was bright, shimmering, and bold in her coloring. Her thoughts were big and dazzling, she dreamed without limits, and kept her mind open wide to every possibility that surrounded her.

When most five year olds would choose to be a princess or superhero for Halloween, she zigzags in the total opposite direction. So, when she told me she wanted to be a Catfish, I laughed and said no problem.