Day 11 | Kissed by the Stars (1) | Simply_Hiraeth

AUTHOR'S NOTE

This is the very first scene like this I've written. I hope you enjoyed my attempt at something sexy!

Silas and Gabriel are supporting characters in my story As the Crow Flies. If you like boys falling in love, steampunk snippets, and an odd brand of magic then you'll surely like As the Crow Flies.

Thanks for reading! 

GABRIEL

Their marriage was not legal. Then again, nothing they ever did was legal. They had been together for five years now, but their hands had been tied and vows exchanged two years past. There had been no witnesses or certificates or even rings exchanged. They did a traditional wrapping of ribbon around their wrists, murmured their own versions of loving prayers. Their magic had crackled between them, bonding them together through happiness and misery.

They had kissed and then, of course, they couldn't keep their hands off of each other. The light from the fireplace had warmed them all night long, the sacred ribbon long discarded amongst their shirts and socks. Neither of them really cared about the ribbon. As long as they loved each other, they were going to consider themselves married.

Almost exactly two years later, they were attempting to celebrate their anniversary. Attempting was the key word here, because there was not much of a celebration occuring. They were in Paris, the goddamn city of romance, and they were both entirely miserable. Their usual hotel suite (which was granted to them from many favors) was littered with their belongings. They had arrived in Paris late last night, barely avoiding arrest.

Gabriel felt sick just thinking about the last few days. He was in the small washroom of their suite, clutching at the edge of the sink. There was a makeshift bandage on his eye, which wasn't throbbing as badly as before. He had been attacked on the train to Paris, his eye nearly gouged out. He had been standing in this washroom for nearly an hour now, just staring at his reflection.

He had always been a delicate-looking man, with features that toed the line between masculine and feminine. Someone a few years back had called him "dainty." He had fucking broken their jaw for that one. He supposed karma would have its way, as he was standing here, unable to properly heal his maimed eye.

"Gabe!" he heard that silky voice call out. "Come on, love, I've been waiting ages!"

He heaved a sigh, touching the patch on his eye. He felt like it was ruining his face. Not that he thought he was gorgeous or anything. He opened the washroom door slowly and stepped out, crossing his arms over his chest.

In the hour he had been in there, several lit candles had appeared around the bed. He stifled a smirk as he saw his lover lounging on the bed, obviously thinking it was seductive. He strode over to the bed, letting himself relax just a little bit. Although, he had to admit, his heart raced every time he saw Silas in a bed. Hell, every time he saw Silas.

His husband was beautiful. More than beautiful, really. It was like Silas had been blessed by the gods and then kissed by the stars. He was tall, with the smoothest skin and silkiest hair. His eyes were so striking, especially when they were staring down at you, filled with admiration and lust. His lips and hands were more than magic. He was so damn attractive, but Silas was also a sweet man. Kind and warm and brilliant. Something that Gabriel really only knew and saw.

"Happy five years," Silas murmured, sitting up and throwing his legs over the side of the bed. He was shirtless, which distracted Gabriel. "And happy two years of being my husband."

"As if it is an honor."

"To be married to me?" he smiled, flashing his perfect teeth. "Isn't it?"

He glanced away, unable to think of anything in response. Silas hooked his thumbs into Gabriel's pants and pulled him forward slightly, so the smaller man was standing in between his legs. His husband's fingers then roamed upwards, unbuttoning his shirt and brushing against scarred skin of Gabe's stomach.

"I love you," Silas said, pushing the last button open. He gazed up. Desire and love were melting in his eyes. "And your eye patch is really doing it for me."

Gabriel choked out a laugh. "It's a bandage, not an eye patch. I'm not a pirate."

"Aye, captain," Silas purred, yanking Gabriel downwards.

His kiss was burning, even more so than usual. He kissed like he spoke, sensual and warm and hypnotizing. Gabriel gripped onto his husband's shoulders, letting himself be lost in the kiss. Tonight was for them. The rest of the world and all its horrors would disappear.

All he needed was Silas.