Day 12 | Mafia King | Elle Grey

Introduction:

As Don of Detroit Julian has power, money, and women. Everything he could ever need or want. He dominates everything around him, both in and out of the bedroom. Control makes him King. 

The only thing Charlie wants is a new life in a city big enough to disappear in. Hiding from her past, the last thing she wants is to be the center of attention. 

Circumstances outside of their control will force them together. Julian's ironclad control over his surroundings will be tested and Charlie will be forced to face her fears. Will they learn to work together or will their stubbornness force them apart? 

"When are we leaving?"

Her voice broke through his thoughts as he walked into the bedroom. He looked up to find her leaning against the headboard of the bed with her knees tucked against her chest as she stared out the windows.

His heart ached at the collage of emotions that warred for dominance on her beautiful face. Anger, fear, disappointment. He'd meant to take her away, spend time with her and show her how much he cared for her. Yet at every turn, something went wrong.

He watched her. "Why would you think we were leaving?"

She scoffed and he couldn't help but grin at her annoyance. "We're leaving because someone tried to kill us. If it were just you here, you might stay to try and figure it out, but since I'm here with you, you won't take the chance that they'll try again and risk me getting hurt."

She wouldn't look at him so he walked around the side of the bed to sit beside her. He gripped her chin gently, forcing her eyes to meet his. "You're right. I won't take the chance that you could get hurt. And I'm still angry with you for taking the risk earlier."

This comment only served to earn him a glare. "I know how to handle a gun, Julian. And in case you haven't noticed, you were the one that got shot. Not me. I'm not as helpless as you seem to think I am."

*

Charlie froze when her body pressed against his. She hadn't realized he'd actually gotten in the shower with her. She nearly came on the spot when he groaned; the sound was incredible guttural, sensual. Her nipples hardened as his warm breath caressed her neck. She wasn't ready to not be mad at him but the feel of his naked body pressed against hers was making it incredibly hard. Pun intended.

After a deep breath, she fought to hang onto her anger, "get out, Julian." Her skin prickled as his fingertips gently trailed down her ribcage. He pressed kisses against the curve of her neck as his hands took hold of her hips. He began rubbing small circles into her skin with his thumbs as he traced his nose along the line of her neck to press a kiss behind her ear.

"I need you, baby. When you started shooting back at that asshole, it was the sexiest thing I've ever seen but I was terrified I would lose you. I just need you, my body needs you, my heart needs you." His hand slid across her lower abdomen until his hand covered her mound. He squeezed and they both moaned.