Day 9 | Meet the Author: AJ Marella

I'm a book nut and compulsive writer.

Second hand bookshops are probably my favourite place in the world.

I move around a lot but at the moment I'm situated in the English Countryside, seriously, it looks like a postcard around here.

Dark love stories are my obsession.

I love to write strong, flawed characters that have a tendency to make morally questionable decisions.

I like to push the boundaries of passion and manipulate the psyches of my hero and heroine.

In short, they do bad things, and I love it.

If you're looking for a sweet, delicate love story, or characters that behave themselves and always do the right thing, then I'm sorry, but I'm just not that kind of girl....

AJ.

Never Tell Lies

*Second place in The Discovery Awards

*Joint second place in The Solstice Awards

"When love is satisfied, all charm of it is gone."

Aspiring garden designer Lola O'Connell has no idea what awaits her at Harrington House. A normal business meeting with a sickeningly wealthy business man seems likely, but what Lola finds instead is Alfie Tell - a devastatingly intimidating, overly confident hotel tycoon with a complete disregard for Lola's boundaries.

Lola doesn't want to be attracted to him, but she can't deny being drawn to him. All her instincts are telling her to run, but Alfie is not willing to let her go. He wants her and nothing in this world will stop him getting her.

As they embark on an intense love affair, she discovers strength and passion she never knew she had, as well as the dark parts of Alfie that will threaten to tear them apart...