08 victim

(edited)

(edited)

____
C O N N O R

I walked into Eden Club, scanning my surroundings. It was like I was being drawn to this location. Call it fate or coincidence, but the Lieutenant and I had only just been assigned to the case regarding the murder of William Blackwell, at this exact location, and now, no less than a week later, we were already returning to Eden Club in pursuit of a new case, another murder.

I lingered behind the Lieutenant, my eyes drifting to the other Androids. According to the reports, Blake Forbes had been working at Eden Club, off the record. My only question was, what gave her motive to kill her employer? She wasn't registered in the system but had been earning money for her work. My analysis of the victims body suggested strangulation. What could have possibly made her do that?

'Connor! The fuck are you doin'?' Hank grouched.

I snapped back to reality, fully aware of my surroundings. 'Coming Lieutenant,' I called, earning an eye-roll from Hank. He sauntered towards the officer who was questioning the clubs manager.

'Hey Hank,' he greeted, allowing his arms to drop to his side.

'Hey, Ben. How's it going?' Hank offered in return.

'Good.' He then directed Hank's attention to the entrance behind him, 'It's that room right there. Oh, uh, by the way. . . Gavin's in there too.'

'Oh, great. A dead body and an asshole, just what I needed. . .' Hank replied sarcastically before heading into the room. I quickly crossed the vibrant purple threshold, following the Lieutenant inside. I lingered at the entrance, analysing the crime scene.

The victim was sprawled out across the bed, red satin sheets covering his bare lower half. An officer was kneeling by a motionless Android, a camera raised to his eye. Gavin stood off to the side, arms crossed.

'It's about time you arrived. I thought you weren't going to show.'

Hank waved him off. 'What are we dealing with here?'

Gavin glanced from the Lieutenant to the victim. 'Just some pervert who got a little more action than he could handle,' he remarked, laughing obnoxiously.

'We'll have a look anyway, if you don't mind,' Hank said, ignoring his comment.

Gavin rolled his eyes, unfurling his arms. 'Come on, let's go. . . It's, uh, starting to stink of booze in here.' Gavin smirked before grimacing. He walked past, nudging my shoulder as he did so.

The other officer then approached Hank. 'Night, Lieutenant.'

Hank nodded curtly before wandering towards the victim. I identified him as Michael Graham. There didn't appear to be any signs of cardiac arrest, proving that a heart attack was not the cause of death. I then crouched down beside the Android. It appeared to be badly damaged, thirium dripping from its nose all the way down to its chin. After reactivating its systems, it revealed the answers to my questions regarding the incident. Apparently, there was a second Android involved. It was the one who strangled the victim.