16 empathy

(edited)

(edited)

I spent the entire night at the precinct. Whilst most people went home, retiring for the night, I remained firmly seated at my desk. I dug through and memorised each and every single document regarding the Eden Club and William Blackwell. I discovered that those contacts Blake mentioned, the people who would hunt her down if she had gone to police, were all CyberLife personnel. No wonder why Amanda wanted me to hand Blake over to them.

There was one name that I recognised amongst the list of CyberLife employees: Elijah Kamski.

'Morning Connor. Stay here all night doing paperwork?' Hank asked, snickering as he walked over and took a seat at his desk.

I saved the file to my memory before closing the entire page. Between researching, I had also completed the work I had been assigned. 'Does the name Elijah Kamski seem familiar to you?'

Hank nodded, typing something into his computer. 'He was the guy who created the first Android to pass the Turing test. He's also the founder of CyberLife. Why?'

'It would be beneficial to our case if we were to talk to him. He could possibly give us more information regarding deviants,' I pressed, excluding the part about Kamski being connected to William Blackwell and Blake.

Hank leaned back in his chair, pushing it out to stand. 'You know what? That isn't a bad idea. I'll talk to Captain Fowler about it.'

'If possible, could we talk to him today?' I interrupted, speaking before he could walk away.

Hank stared at me blankly, his stringy grey hair falling around his face. 'I'll see what I can do. Things might be a little tense, especially after what happened last night.'

I stood up, pushing my chair back. 'What happened last night?' I questioned, frowning slightly.

Hank started towards Captain Fowlers office, waving dismissively. 'See for yourself.'

I tilted my head to the side, confused. I followed the direction of Hank's hand, finding what he had been gesturing to. The flatscreen TV hanging in the corner of the room was featuring a news report. A woman with short blonde hair was covering the incident; a handful of deviants had apparently released a bunch of Androids and had marked the area with some kind of symbol. They'd also blocked the roads and scrambled machines. Fortunately, they hadn't damaged any property.

It was the start of a revolution.

Two officers had arrived on scene, one being Chris. Apparently, he had been spared by Markus himself, the leader of the deviants. We needed to talk to Kamski now. Even if Captain Fowler disapproved, I was going to talk to him one way or another.