epilogue

(edited)

(edited)

____
O N E  Y E A R  L A T E R

'Yeah, that's fine. Take all the time you need,' I said, my phone pressed to my ear as I walked the length of my room. I tugged the end of my dress down, seeing how it had ridden up my thighs. 'It'll be great, Markus. Stop stressing. I'll see you in a few.' I then ended the call and placed my phone on the dresser. I fiddled with my earrings, taking a second to admire my reflection in the mirror.

I decided to wear a crimson-red dress with lace embroidery decorating the top half. The thin straps clung nicely to my shoulders, the soft material falling just above my knees. It was absolutely beautiful, only I wouldn't be able to wear these types of dresses for a while. Not with what was coming in the near future.

After the revolution, Connor and I stayed at the cabin for a few weeks, just enjoying each other's company. Afterwards, we decided to move into a nice apartment in the heart of Detroit. The cabin was nice, but it was more of a vacation home. That, and I wanted a place to call ours. The cabin would always be my parents' special place. Connor and I wanted a home for ourselves. Moving to Detroit also meant that we were closer to the precinct for Connor's work and closer to our friends. Detroit was home, where we were meant to be.

Elijah also offered me a position at CyberLife, which I happily accepted. Elijah had completely turned the company around, getting it back on track and restoring it to its former glory, before Daniel assumed control of the business. Androids were also treated like actual people, rather than just a piece of machinery. We all just found a way to coexist peacefully.

I smiled when I glanced in the mirror to see Connor coming up behind me. He encircled my waist, holding me close to his chest as he kissed my shoulder blade. 'Have I ever told you how beautiful you look?'

'I think I may have heard that once or twice.' I grinned and Connor met my gaze in the mirror.

'Hank will be here soon. He managed to get off work early.'

'Good.' I twisted in Connor's embrace, turning to face him. 'Markus is really nervous. He's going to need all the support he can get.'

'I was nervous too when I proposed.' He then captured my lips in a tender kiss.

'North loves him. She's going to say yes, regardless.'

Connor rested his hands on the curve of my waist, gently swaying my hips. 'I knew you were going to say yes, but that didn't ease my nerves.'

The doorbell rang and I practically jumped out of Connor's arms, too excited to contain myself. 'That's them!' I exclaimed before waltzing out of my room and out into the open-plan living space. I crossed the foyer, hurrying over to the door. I threw it open, a wide smile stretched across my lips.