30 unspoken

(edited)

(edited)

____
B L A K E

Elijah tended to both Markus and Connor's injuries. While Elijah was treating Connor's wounds, I filled him in on everything that had happened since he'd left the cabin. I told him about the secret room in the closet and my parents' association with CyberLife. I also told him about how Elijah turned up at the cabin—if it weren't for him, there was no telling what would have happened.

            'I'm just glad that we made it in time,' I concluded. 'I thought that we might have been too late.'

            Connor placed his hand on mine and smiled. 'I'm glad that you arrived when you did. I don't think I could have gotten through it without you.'

            'What even happened? You looked like you kept spacing out. . . ?' I prompted.

            Connor had his shirt off, thirium dripping down his artificial skin, and Elijah was tending to the large cut sliced across his chest. Connor had brushed it off, saying that Markus had probably cut him during the scuffle and that it wasn't that big of a deal, but it didn't stop me from being worried.

            'I was conversing with Amanda. She's an interface for CyberLife.' Connor glanced at Kamski, but he was too busy to notice, completely focused on dabbing up the thirium dripping down Connor's chest. But I was no stranger to his ways. He was listening in on our conversation, he just wasn't making it obvious. 'She kept calling me back, saying that I had failed to accomplish my mission and that CyberLife was going resume control over my program. If you didn't show up when you did, CyberLife would have assumed complete control and I would've killed Markus.'

            I squeezed Connor's hand. 'You know I never would have let that happen,' I said, pressing close to his side.

            Connor smiled, his thumb rubbing gentle circles into my hand.

            'That should do it,' Elijah suddenly piped up, taking a step back to admire his handiwork. 'It's the best I could do under such circumstances but thankfully it wasn't a serious injury. Any deeper and you would have damaged a biocomponent.'

            'Thank you.' Connor then grabbed his shirt and slid his arms through the sleeves. I helped him with the buttons, my fingertips briefly grazing his skin as I worked my way up his chest. I could sense Elijah's eyes on me, watching.

            'What did Markus want in the first place? What was so urgent?'

            Connor stood up and I took a quick step back, giving him room. 'CyberLife has been rounding up all of the deviant Androids. They're sending them off to camps where they're either being destroyed or held for research purposes. Markus wants me to help stage a break out. I'm the one best equipped to deal with the situation, given that I worked for CyberLife.'