Chapter 2

Chapter 2

*Roxanne Cain*

My first day of school and I can't focus on a single thing. AP Psychology and Pre-Calculus Honors passed by quickly, but I didn't hear a word. I hadn't been able to pay attention to anything after first period. Moments of that class kept creeping their way into my thoughts. I couldn't stop thinking about him.

His golden-blond hair looked perfect against his light beige skin and my body still buzzed with energy where he had held me with his arms. His eyes were a bright blue, so much so that they looked like orbs of electricity. The black shirt that he wore under his black leather jacket was fitted against his skin and I could almost make out the lines of his muscled body. The strength in his arms and the solidity of his chest as I depended on-

The bell cut my gushing short and I had zoned out through yet another class. ‘Oh Goddess, since when was I so mushy?’

I walked out of the room, following the stream of students that headed to the noise-filled cafeteria and I slowly realized that I had another problem. 'Where do I sit?' I know it's petty, but hey! I'm still a teenage girl.

I was saved when I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see a blonde girl. She was taller than me, even with my high heels, but that wasn't a surprise with my original height of 5'3. She was skinny and downright gorgeous with curves in all the right places where as I lacked decent-sized breasts and had hips so small that it was almost non-existent. I was immediately jealous of her, but I pulled on a straight face as she spoke to me.

"Hi, my name's Jessica, you could come and sit with me and my friends if you want." She invited.

I vaguely remembered her to be one of the two people that helped me in History, the other being the guy that I still don't know the name of. She had yelled at the dark-haired boy that tripped me--Timothy, I think his name was--but her words had been lost to me considering I was in a pair of really wonderful arms at that moment.

I smiled a practiced smile at her. "Sure, I'd love to."

She told me to follow her as she led me to the center-most table that lay just underneath the skylight. Jessica guided me to a seat beside her and I couldn't help, but to look up at the sky.

Thunder rolled as lightning divided the sky and the rain still played its beat. I watched the way the water danced when the drops rippled against the glass that hovered above our table. I would love nothing more than to be outside.

I was too entranced to notice that the seats around me were slowly being filled up and I almost jumped when a voice spoke in my ear. "Beautiful, isn't it?"

I slowly lowered my impassive gaze to the person sitting beside me, acting as if he hadn't startled me, and I saw that my blond savior from this morning was looking up at the rain as well. I smiled at him, a real one this time, as he removed his eyes from the skylight to look at me. I don't know what it was. I'm not easy, I'll tell you that. I don't fall for every blond, blue-eyed, guy in the room, but there was something about him that I couldn't shake.

"It always is." I replied, tilting my head back to the skylight. "I love storms."

            He looked at me quizzically with those mesmerizing blue eyes and raised an eyebrow before he asked in a mocking voice, "Really? No 'It makes my hair frizzy' or 'It's wet and sticky and gross' complaints?" He paused. "Or is it just because we're inside and not getting wet outside?" A hidden meaning rests behind his words and a lustful thought darkens his eyes to a deep ocean blue.