Chapter 4

Chapter 4

*Roxanne Cain*

Book of Shadows Journal Entry 11/10/14

I've tossed and turned all night and now I give up. My mind will not allow me rest until I have exercised it through the troubles that I've come to encounter today alone.

It seems that the plan was never to leave the ways of Wicca behind, but to embrace it in a way that no one else has before.

To overpower Edna after she has stolen the magick from the witches of The Elder Coven, my former coven, and some others afterwards, we would have to create a coven more powerful than any before. 'A Coven of Three' Tiffany said. A coven of 13 Witches, a coven of 13 Supernatural Beings, and a coven of Mortal Hunters. Each coven belonging to a world that is hidden from everyone else, yet they are separated from each other by their blood.

The Coven of Witches can be of Mortals, beings without magick in their blood, bound in a magickal circle of Witches where they can draw power from a Blood-Witch, a being who's born a Mortal with a gift from Nature. We are beings who live off of the natural energies around us.

The Coven of Supernatural Beings must all be beings of the magickal world. Faeries, the children of Angels and Demons. They are full of trickery, such small, but malicious creatures. Guardians, magickal beings born of Mortals and Angels meant to protect Witches, though they are very rare. They live with us and assist us in our lives, helping to keep us alive until our purpose in life is done. Vampires and werewolves, human beings infected by the blood of Demons. They are the beings that humans see as romantic or gifted, with eternal life or inhuman strength and speed, though they do not see the effects that those so called gifts could bring. And lastly, sorcerers, the children of Demons and Mortals. They rarely exist for the mere fact that many mortals cannot carry the powerful child of a Demon.

Those two covens are not the ones that pose the threat of impossibility, but rather, it is the last one, the coven of Mortals. It must be a coven of human Hunters who have dedicated their lives to rid this world of the Magickal. They are the reason that this unity has never been created.

Although, witches and sorcerers mostly choose not to involve themselves with each other and distance themselves from the Nosferatus, the Fey, and the Lycanthropes, we allow semi-civil interactions with each other. Besides the ongoing feud between Werewolves and Vampires, we are able to live without tearing out each other’s throats.

However, Hunters attempt to kill every last one of us even though their numbers are dwindling. Their close-mindedness to the things they do not understand has led to many battles and loss of life.

The Coven of Three will have to be a perfect balance of the Magickal World. A coven with no magick in their blood and who live in plain sight, a coven that binds the blood of Angels and Demons and live in hiding, and a coven of the inbetween, with the blood of Mortals and the gifts of the Goddess living among humans while keeping half of their life as a hidden secret. We will have to bring together 3 worlds into 1.

I know that this will fall under my responsibility and I realize the foolishness of hope, but there’s always that damned word. ‘Maybe.’

Maybe, just maybe, we can pull this off.

Maybe life could return to how it was.

Maybe I could find myself again.

I put my pen down, looking at the worn-down, black book in front of me and sighed. The thoughts of hope had been pointless for years. There was no fixing the past, no way to make amends, at least not in this matter.