Chapter 14:

I woke up the next morning, I looked next to me to see Ethan was gone. I sighed and climbed out of bed and walked down to his office.

I opened his office door, he looked very stressed.

"What's wrong?"

"Turns out there are more hunters than we thought, there is a whole army of them" he said rubbing his temples

"That's not good" I said

"I know I have issued a warning for all women and children to stay inside the pack house unless they are with at least 2 guards" he said

All of a sudden we heard several warning howls

The hunters are attacking! The words rang out through the pack mind link

Ethan instantly stood up.

"Go down to the cells with the rest of the women and children" he ordered

"But I want to fight" I complained

"Don't argue" he said and with that he shifted and ran out

I sighed and ran to the cells where the women and children were gathering. I found Cortney and walked to her.

We both sat on the floor against the wall. All of a sudden I felt a burst of pain that made me gasp and I knew Ethan was hurt.

"What's wrong?" Cortney asked

"Ethan's hurt" I said

I shifted and ran to where the battle was. I saw Ethan with a hunter standing over him about to shoot him with an arrow while he was trying to attack.

He had an arrow sticking out from his flank. I ran over and pounced on the hunter snapping her spine. I looked at Ethan to make sure he was alright then sprang at the nearest hunter making quick work of him.

Then I heard a soft whimper that was in the forest. I slipped away from the battle and tracked down the source of the sound.

I entered a clearing with two dead werewolves, I could tell they had been mates. Then I found hollow tree making a whimpering sound.

I shifted into human form and looked inside the tree. Inside was a baby girl that looked about 1 year old. She was whimpering. I picked her up and looked in her eyes she was so cute.

I looked in the tree again and found a note that said:

If you are reading this you have found our baby, we hid her from the hunters that killed us. Please take care of her as your own her name is Lacey.

Signed,

Jared & Kayla, the parents of Lacey

I looked at her she looked at me and gurgled. I smiled at her.

Where are you? I heard Ethan through our mate link

I told him I was heading back to the pack house. I carried Lacey to the pack house. I saw Ethan outside and went over to him.

He gave me a confused look. I handed him the note and he read it.

"Do you want to keep her as ours?" He asked

I nodded quickly. He took her from my arms and looked at her and he smiled.

"She may not be ours but I can tell she is already our little pup." He said

"Yes she is" I said

What I didn't think about is if I would be a good mother........

------------------

I'm so sorry, it's been so long since I updated I've been so busy lately. Sorry again

Hope you enjoyed this update

What do you think will happen next?