Ch6: "Drink Solo, Loser."

It has been a week since I brought Taehyung home. Nothing changed.

I considered removing his collar countless times, but everytime I did, I remember what happened on the first day, and he's not promising to not do anything.

It's a mess.

It's a Saturday night and I'm sitting in the living room, my laptop on the coffee table facing me as I type in.

I hear shuffling and Taehyung comes and stands beside me. He crosses his arms as he watches me unamusingly.

"What are you doing?" He asks.

"Writing an article," I mumble.

"I didn't think you were smart enough to do that," He says and sits down on the couch, one leg crossed over the other.

I roll my eyes, "You probably never held a laptop in your life."

"I didn't know you were a writer," He says, completely ignoring my statement.

"I'm not."

"Then?"

"I told you before, I work for the HRC," I explain, "And we do anything to spread awareness about Hybrids' Rights."

"So what's the article about? Leaving electric collars on Code Reds?" He sasses.

I grunt. "First of all, I did remove the collar but you made me regret it. Second of all, no, I'm writing about Hybrids' Rights for Education."

"Would that really happen one day, though? Hybrids will have the right to attend schools? I guess not. You're not gaining anything by writing this stupid article, even if you publish it in every newspaper and magazine possible," He pauses, "So here's the thing, the only way you can make all of this work out, is to put all Code Reds in a place together. Five minutes later, a riot will have started, humans will have been dead, and hybrids will have ruled the world. If you side up with me and help me, you won't get killed. Deal?"

I sigh and lean back. "Listen, I know you're mad, but this isn't how things work. I promise one day hybrids and humans will have equal rights, and we are doing everything we can at the HRC. Just put your trust in me, will you?"

He stays silent for a moment, his eyes fixated on me. He glances at my unfinished article then back at me. And he clicks his tongue.

He opens his mouth to speak, but is interrupted by the doorbell.

I shrug and get up to get the door. Expecting it to be Jimin, I yank the door openㅡ

"I GOT DRINKS! LET'S PARTY LOSER!"

"MIN YOONGI!" I yell after him as he pushes me and walks in, laughing as he waves the green bottles in his hand in the air.

He stops at my coffee table, and his hands fall down, but they're still holding the bottles tightly.

He scans Taehyung from head to toe, and so does Taehyung.

Taehyung's mouth twists in disgust. "What kind of friends do you have?"

"Say that one more time, you motherfucker."

"Yoongi!" I warn and walk up to them after locking the door.

"Yoongi, this is Taehyung, my... " I hesitate, "roommate, and Taehyung, this is Yoongi, my brother."

"What a family," Taehyung mutters under his breath and I hold Yoongi back.

"Taehyung, why don't you go back to your room? Yoongi and I need to have a private conversation." I smile.

Taehyung rolls his eyes and heads to his room. I finally let go of Yoongi and sit down with a huff. He places the Soju bottles on the coffee table and sits beside me.

"You have one annoying hybrid in your apartment," Yoongi blurts out.

"I know," I sigh. "It's a project. How are mom and dad?"

"They're fine. They want to see you," He mumbles, grabbing a bottle and opening it.

"You shouldn't drink straight from the bottle... " I trail off as he finishes half the bottle in one go.

"Nevermind," I whisper.

"You're not gonna drink with me tonight?" He asks, one hand cupping his face and the other swirling the glass bottle around.

"Sorry, Yoongs, but I can't get drunk while Taehyung's here. Maybe next time."

Yoongi stands up and rolls his eyes. "Whatever," He starts grabbing the other bottles, "I shouldn't've come here in the first place. You're the worst sibling ever. I'll go and drink with Jin, the only real man out there." He starts walking to the front door.

I rub the bridge of my nose, very aware of the famous repetitive scenario of Min Yoongi when he's tipsy and I reject drinking with him.

"He won't say no to me, and we'll get wasted," He opens the door, "Probably wake up in the streets and not know how we ended up there. GO DRINK SOLO, LOSER!"

His yell is followed by a loud bang from my apartment's front door. I let out a breath and lock the door then walk to Taehyung's room.

He averts his gaze to me when I open the door and scrunches his nose. "You have one salty ass brother."

I chuckle, "I know."

---

A/N: I reread this and I didn't put effort in this book? At all?

My writing sucks what was I doing? Writing while sleeping?

If you want decent writing (not so decent but better than this) check out throne #shamelessselfpromo

Stay hydrated yall