Ch23: Almost Like Friends

"Please get him off of me."

I avert my gaze to Taehyung who'sㅡquite surprisinglyㅡstaring at me with pleading puppy eyes.

Literally.

I can't help but smile, my heart fluttering at the sight of the bunny hybrid dozing off on the couch, his head rested on Taehyung's lap who didn't move an inch ever since Jungkook slept.

"Stop smiling," He says, his voice low and quiet, as if careful not to wake up Jungkook, despite 'hating' the position they're in.

My smile forms to a smirk, and I lean back, my arms crossed.

"Be a good boy and make friends with him," I say, tilting my head to the side.

"Why would I?" He scrunches his nose in so-called annoyance.

I shrug. "He doesn't have much friends, and neither do you, so bond together."

"I have much more friends than you think I do," He rolls his eyes.

I shrug once again, not really believing his words and standing up, walking away to stop at the hallway were I make sure Taehyung can't see me, and I sneak peeks every few seconds.

I hold back giggles when I see Taehyung's hand stopping midway, hesitating. Ever so slowly, he reaches out for Jungkook's fluffy black ears, scratching behind them and earning a satisfied hum from the latter as he mumbles incoherent words in his sleep and snuggles closer to Taehyung.

And I swear on my salty ass brother I saw Taehyung smile.

---

As the day comes to an end, I sit in the living room on the couch as the two hybrids sit on the floor infront of me while watching The Avengers.

Jungkook keeps on talking during the whole movie which he watched a million times before obviously, commenting on every scene and revealing upcoming plottiwsts, making Taehyung whine in protest who, never in his life, has watched the movie.

I smile at how comfortable they got around each other, seeming almost like friends bickering with each other about who's the best character; Jungkook opting for Iron Man while Taehyung stares in awe at Thor.

I stare at the big empty bowl on the coffee table and sigh, grabbing it and heading to the kitchen to make their fourth bowl of popcorn, and even though it's tiring to get up every 20 minutes to make another bowl, watching them interact like that makes it worth it.

They're too immersed in the movie I doubt they even noticed I've been refilling the bowl for the past hour instead of watching with them.

After bringing out the meal from the microwave, I head back to the living room and settle it on the coffee table again, then sit down on the couch, keeping my eyes on them and not on the bright screen.

"Ah, why are the subtitles so fast?" Taehyung whines, frowning.

"They're not fast," Jungkook replies, crossing his arms and puffing out his chest proudly. "You're just a slow reader."

"Right, Noona?" Jungkook turns his head to me, a small sly smile on his face and I nod.

"He's right, Tae. You're just a slow reader."

Taehyung scoffs, glaring at both of us then turning back to the screen, also crossing his arms and raising his head up high.

Jungkook chuckles and noticingly scoots closer to Taehyung, bringing up his arm to start chewing on the hem of his sleeve, something he usually does because of his bunny traits. Taehyung seems to not mind whatsoever.

Jungkook's ears stand on edge abruptly, his posture straightening up, and his arm dropping to his lap.

"Did you hear something, Kookie?" I ask.

Completely ignoring me, he stands up and runs to the door hurriedly, stopping right in front of it and turning his head to me as he points at the keyhole silently.

"Is Jimin back?" I ask as I walk towards the counter. Jungkook nods as I grab the keys and unlock the apartment's door for him.

Just as I pull it open, I'm greeted with a smiling Jimin, a small suitcase beside him and a backpack over his shoulders. He opens his arms wide for a hug, and Jungkook hesitates, then turns around and walks back in the apartment.

Jimin lets out a chuckle but hugs me anyway and I hug back.

"Is he still mad about it?" He asks as we pull away.

I nod. "Yeah, I guess. I thought you'd be later than this."

He shrugs, walking in and dragging the suitcase behind him. "We finished stuff early, so we came back as soon as we could. And, I don't think you'd mind if we have a sleepover?"

I blink, a little taken aback at the suggestion. "No, I don't."

He grins. "Perfect."

And with that, he walks to the living room, yelling playfully and tackling Jungkook in a hug, making him whine loudly.

I catch Taehyung staring at me, but he looks away once we make eye contact, and I smile even wider.

Perhaps Taehyung is more than just a project.

---

A/N: 10th of October, 2019
Tomorrow is the 11th, the first (and probably last) time BTS come to riyadh, 3 hours away from me by car and I'm sitting here crying while reading angst fanfics

I'm ready to leave this world might as well jump off a cliff