Ch13: One For Two

"Pack your bags!"

Taehyung looks up at me, his face as unbothered as every single day.

"What?" Is all he says.

"I said, pack your bags," I repeat, my arms crossed over my chest as I smile. "We're going on a vacation."

He furrows his eyebrows.

"I got a vacation from work, so let's go to the beach."

He shrugs. "You go, I don't want to go."

"Ha," I scoff. "Funny. Bold of you to assume I'll leave you alone. Plus, it's going to be fun. It's only the beginning of summer so it's not so hot, the perfect weather for the beach, I say."

He hums nonchalantly, looking away.

"We're leaving tomorrow early in the morning, so make sure your bags are ready by tonight."

Less than 24 hours later, we are in a mall, shopping for last-minute stuff. It wasn't my plan, but I suck at making them anyway.

"We're done," I say, eyeing the sunscreen and snacks we just bought.

I hold the plastic bag in my hand, making my way out of the place when I realize I can't hear Taehyung's footsteps anymore. My heart drops and I turn around, only to find him staring at some display at a shop.

I walk up to him and avert my gaze to where he is looking.

"You want sunglasses?" I ask, and he nods.

I sigh, but walk in the shop anyway, mentally calculating how much money I will have left after I purchase them. Taehyung follows silently, and we spend a good 15 minutes choosing the best sunglasses for both of us.

I notice people staring at us, and I know Taehyung notices, too, but we silently agree to ignore it. The stares are making me uncomfortable at some point, especially the ones staring with disgust.

Even the workers don't like Taehyung's presence, but don't say anything, just glare and grimace. After we're done, I walk up to the cashier, paying for the sunglasses before I leave that place with Taehyung beside me.

We don't exchange words until we're in the car, halfway to our destination. I put on loud music and he whines, saying it's too loud for him, and we continue pickering until we reach the hotel I booked the room at.

What I didn't tell Taehyung is that my job is who paid for our vacation. Namjoon suggested it, saying it will get us closer, and I completely agreed. Plus, it's a full-paid trip to the beach, how can I say no?

We check in and take the elevator, then walk down a long hallway with doors on each side. I stop at ours and pull out the card, scanning it and opening the door.

I walk in and Taehyung stands at the doorway, his arms crossed.

I drop my suitcase on the floor and turn to him. "What now?"

"You booked one room for both of us?!" He says in disbelief, his voice a pitch higher.

"No way you're taking a room alone," I mumble. "I might wake up and find the hotel on fire for all I know."

He laughs sarcastically. "I'm not taking a room with you."

"Excuse you, what's with me?" I cross my arms, imitating his actions.

"Everything," He says and walks in, and I gasp dramatically.

I shut the door and walk up to my bed, throwing myself on it.

"Wow," I say, my voice conning out muffled as I press my face to the pillow. "It's so fluffy and bouncy, I feel rich."

After a few minutes, I sit up on bed to find Taehyung sitting on his own, scanning the room with his eyes silently.

"Let's go to the beach!" I say, and stand up, heading to my suitcase.

"I don't want to."

"And I don't want to leave you alone, please let's go." I flutter my eyelashes, giving him my best smile even though I'm sure it doesn't reach my eyes.

"No," He says bluntly and lays down. "I'm tired. I want to sleep."

"I'm the one who was driving, not you!" I argue and he ignores me, shutting his eyes.

I groan in frustration and pick out my pyjamas, heading to the bathroom to change. When I'm done, Taehyung is already sleeping and I throw the covers over him.

I lay on my bed and turn off the lights, not realizing how much I needed to sleep until I dozed off once my head touched the pillow.