Ch21: "You're Beautiful"

My lashes slowly part, and I start to see the room. A yawn leaves my mouth as I turn to the other side, squinting my eyes at the figure beside me. I rub my eyes and look again, my blurry vision now coming into focus.

I let out a scoff at the sight of Taehyung sleeping while sitting, his arms still crossed over his chest, his back leaning on the headboard and his head hanging on one side.

I sit up, analysing his face. His cheek is pressed against his shoulder, making it look puffy, touching his pouty parted lips.

I chuckle and reach for his cheek, gently squeezing it between my index finger and thumb, astonished at how soft it is. I let go then reach for his hair, my hand stopping midway when I remember what happened the last time I touched it.

I glance at my wrist where the bruises are fading now, and remember the ice-cream, so I smile and proceed to touch his hair anyway.

I sigh, hating to admit that I'm kind of envious at how soft his hair is. I touch a strand of my not-so-soft hair and let out a 'tsk' sound as my hand drops to his shoulder, shaking him to wake him up.

"Hey," I say. "Tae, get up. Go and sleep in your bedroom."

He shifts and hums, his head hanging to the other side.

"Taehyung," I raise my voice, shaking him harder and he stirs awake, glaring at me.

"Why did you sleep here? You should've gone back to your room. How reckless."

He doesn't respond, and only stares at me with unfocused eyes that I doubt he's fully awake. When he stares for too long, I start thinking there's something on my face, but I don't dare to ask for some reason.

His eyes hold me captive, and I find myself unable to move, then they're not so unfocused anymore, and I purse my lips, not feeling so confident. Knowing that I just woke up, I must have some eye-crust, and my hair is probably a mess.

I rub my eyes with my fingers, then slowly reach for my hair, trying to put the standing hair behind my ears, tucking them down and avoiding eye contact with the hybrid.

"Don't," His voice cuts through the silence. "You're beautiful."

My heartbeats accelerate and my hands stop between my tangled nest of hair. I keep my eyes on my lap, and slowly put down my hands. My face suddenly feels hot and I cross my arms over my chest when I remember I'm not wearing a bra.

I take a quick glance at Taehyung, and find him still staring at my face, with no expression, making me wonder if he really just called me beautiful or I was hallucinating.

However, his eyes are soft, and something ticks in my head. I look up at his ears then down at my hands, knowing this might be my chance, so I hold my hand up in the air, towards him.

I stop right before touching his hair, and look him in the eye.

"May I?" I ask, my fingers trembling.

He doesn't say anything, and when I'm just about to put my hand down, he nods once, and I slowly reach for his head, my hand laying gently on his hair.

He slowly shuts his eyes, and I bring my hand closer to his ears, abruptly halting when they twitch once, but going on afterwards.

I start lightly scratching, and he leans in to my touch, giving me more confidence as my hand comes closer to his ear, and as he gives a small smile, I give a grin.

He leans closer and I giggle, letting him rest his head on my shoulder as my hand stays on his hair, softly petting and ruffling his hair every few seconds.

He buries his head deeper in my shoulder and I wrap my arms around him. He hugs me back and I bury my nose in his hair, pulling him closer.

He lets out a soft laughter making my heart flutter, hearing him laugh for the first time, and even though I don't think he knows, it means so much to me.

Taehyung trusts me.