Ch22: That Guy

It's getting better, I can tell.

Ever since our slightly awkward encounter this morning, it's not awkward anymore, and to say that things are getting better is an understatement.

Knowing that I gained his trust lifts my spirits up, and I find myself smiling the whole day, earning weirded out glances from Taehyung every now and then.

My phone rings after breakfast, and I pick it up to talk to Jimin who announces he won't be home for another day.

He sighs from the other line. "You know what my family is like, my grandma got mad that we arrived late and didn't have lunch with her, but she's actually mad we went to my dad's family first."

I chuckle. "It's alright. So, I suppose you won't be coming today?"

"I was supposed to," He grunts. "But we're visiting grandma again to 'apologize' or something. It's stupid, really."

"She s a lonely old woman, Jimin," I say, blobbing myself on the couch. "Of course she'd come out with any excuse to make you stay longer."

"Anyway, I just hung up with Jungkook and he's mad at me, saying I betrayed his trust or something. You know how dramatic he can be," I chuckle at Jimin's words, remembering all the times the bunny over-exaggerated every thing. "Can you check up on him and tell him to quit being a drama queen? That bastard listens to you."

I smile. "Sure thing, Chimmy. You don't have to worry."

"I'm thankful, but I need to hang up, too; mom is forcing me to pick a gift with her for grandma. I think we'll get a cat to keep her company. Bye."

And with that, he ends the call, and I put my phone away. I feel eyes on me, so I turn around, and make eye contact with Taehyung, standing at the living room entrance with his arms crossed.

He glances at the phone then back at me, scanning me head to toe, analysing me and finally coming to sit beside me.

He keeps an eye on me, then slowly leans closer, and speaks in a low voice.

"Do you like that guy?"

I freeze at the suddenness of the question, my mind slowly functioning as my eyes land on his face, his sharp brown eyes, his long nose, his lips, his jawline, his fluffy hair, his slim and tall figure, his cold yet sweet demeanour.

Perhaps I do.

I blink when a small voice speaks in my head, and furrow my eyebrows. It's obvious who I'm thinking about.

No way.

But wait. Who is he talking about?

"Who?" The words escape my lips before I realize they do, and Taehyung rolls his eyes.

"Your neighbour, the short guy with the bunny, who else?"

I shake my head. "No one. No one else."

He raises an eyebrow. "So?"

"Jimin?" I say, and his question finally hits me, making me shake my head. "What? Never. He's my best friend, I never really thought of him like that."

"Then who do you like?"

You. "No one."

"You thought of someone, didn't you?"

Yes. "No."

"Liar, I know you did. You hesitated and seemed to be in thought."

Please let me touch your hair. "No."

He leans back and lets out an unsatisfied huff, scrunching his nose in annoyance.

The doorbell rings right then, and I let out a relieved breath, running to the door. I yank it open, holding back a smirk when I see Jungkook, still in his pyjamas with dishelved hair and black under his squinted eyes.

"Didn't sleep well, huh?" I say and he shrugs, walking in without an invitation. He stops by the living room to glance at Taehyung, and I'm ready to ease a fight, but my mouth hangs open instead, and Taehyung's dumbfounded face leaves me laughing.

Jungkook carelessly walks to the couch where Taehyung is sitting and lays down, settling his head on Taehyung's lap as he starts snoring not long after.

I bite my lip to hold back a grin, knowing Jungkook isn't waking up anytime soon. I'm not surprised as much as Taehyung, because knowing Jungkook, he's most likely half-asleep, still mad at Jimin, too cranky to give a damn about anything at the moment, and wants nothing but to sleep right there and then.

But knowing Jungkook, too, he's also probably trying to get closer to Taehyung because he doesn't really hate him, rather bewildered and doesn't know what to do for he doesn't usually interact with other hybrids.

All his life, he's been living with humans, and has no friends but Jimin and me, so finding another person this close, this similar, would definetly make him want to get closer.

And that's the real reason why I smile.

So I turn around, and let them be.