Ch15: "I Roast, I Don't Get Roasted"

A/N: Double update cuz these few chaps are boring. Ten "Fae is beautiful" comments and I'll do a triple update. You can comment only once give me sarang (/°^°)/

---

"It's so hot."

"Maybe it's because it's summer?" I roll my eyes at Taehyung's statement, proceeding to apply sunscreen.

After practically begging the sassy hybrid, he finally agreed we go to the beach. We sit under an umbrella, our newly bought sunglasses on as we stare at the sea.

I rub my arm with the cream, taking a glance at Taehyung who's sitting beside me. His face is blank, but I can't be so sure because of the big sunglasses covering his face.

For the first time, I see him in something which isn't full-sleeved. He's wearing a half-sleeve shirt and shorts along with sandals, and I was a tad bit surprised he had a good sense of fashion.

I look down at my oversized shirt, now contemplating whether I should take it off or not. Beneath it, I have my swimsuit on which is a one-piece. I do have a bikini, but I realized the beach was a little crowded and thought I'd be uncomfortable if guys stared at my overly exposed skin.

I tug at the hem of my shirt, staring at other women around, noticing that most of them had bikinis on, which I don't know should make me more or less insecure.

More, because I'll be kind of the only one not wearing a bikini and will be judged by the perfect-bodied model-like women.

Less, because it'll mean guys won't stare at me, but at them, and I will feel more comfortable with less eyes on me.

I choose the latter, and lift my shirt over my shoulders, tossing it on the chaise longue.

I look up at Taehyung, but he's staring somewhere else, and I let out a sigh in relief, tying my hair into a messy bun. Once I'm done, I pick up my phone.

"Aren't you going to swim?" I ask Taehyung, my eyes fixed on my screen when I receive a message from my boss.

Boss Kim:
How's everything
going so far?

Me:
He's cute

Boss Kim:
???

Me:
Sorry, I mean,
I think he's a nice
guy, you know.
Decent.

Boss Kim:
Just say things are
going fine, Hanseol

Me:
Yes sir :)

I huff, mentally face-palming at how weird my text sounded. Not that I lied, though.

It takes me a few seconds to realize Taehyung didn't answer my question, and I look up to make sure he heard me.

His eyes are on me, and once I look up he whips his head away so quick, his hair swaying with the fast movement.

"You didn't answer my question," I say, locking my phone and putting it in my bag.

"Uhh... What was the question?" He asks.

I sigh. "I asked if you're going to swim."

"No, I'm not," He says.

"Okay," I stand up, taking off my sunglasses, and Taehyung stares, his adam-apple popping up and down.

"Don't cause trouble, please. I'll go and swim for a while."

He hums and I walk towards the beach, glancing over my shoulder when I feel eyes on me. He looks away again and I chuckle, looking in front of me again.

After what feels like hours of diving under water, splashing around and almost drowning myself a couple of times, I get bored and realize it's useless if I don't have someone with me.

Knowing Taehyung, he'll most likely not agree so I come out of the water, walking towards Taehyung who's still in the same position as I left him.

His eyes stay on me until I'm right beside him, bringing out my towel from my bag.

"Are you sure you don't want to come?"

He hums, looking away, and I could swear there's a blush on his cheeks. I shrug it off non-chalantly, and take a look around the beach to spot an ice-cream parlour.

"Do you want ice-cream? Last time we didn't get to have some," I say, putting on my shirt and remembering the time when we were almost jailed.

He hums again, and I sigh at his lack of response, but walk to the ice-cream place anyway, and this time, I'm not worried about Taehyung causing a scene or getting into trouble because the past few times he was in public, he didn't do anything and ignored glares and murmurs from people.

I was thankful.

After buying two big cones of ice-cream, I jog back to Taehyung, not wanting the ice-cream to melt on the way.

I give one to Taehyung, which has three balls of strawberry, chocolate and vanilla. I know Taehyung never tried ice-cream before, and I wanted him to taste everything so he figures out his favourite.

We sit in silence, and I bite on my ice-cream once, shutting my eyes when my teeth hurt. I start licking, knowing that biting isn't a good idea.

"Do you want some sunscreen?" I ask, offering the cream.

He shakes his head.

"Are you sure? You'll get roasted."

He chuckles. "I roast, I don't get roasted."

I shrug, putting it away.