Chapter 1

(Courtney's POV)

I walk out of the bathroom wiping tears from my face. I take a deep breath to try to calm down my nerves before I saunter over to my locker. I really need to get the thought of him out of my mind. I need to forget what he put me through. But why can't I get over it, over him? Why can't I stop crying over a boy who doesn't deserve me anymore?

I continue to walk to my locker but stop mid-step when I lock eyes with my ex, Scott Fletcher, from Total Drama All Stars. He's wearing a leather jacket which makes him kinda cute, but I shake my head at the thought. I push him out of the way. 

I can't handle an emotional conversation right now. 

When I open my locker, I try hard to ignore the pictures that I am too afraid to take down. It's the memory of us, the reminders of the time that we spent together, the reminders of how much he had cared. I can't punish the poor pictures just because of him. I hate him right now, but I will always cherish the moments that we had together. 

Sighing, I grab my purple bag and hang it on my shoulders. I catch a glimpse of my green hair and a few memories flash through my mind. I hurriedly slam my locker, regretting everything for the hundredth time today.

I walk past more lockers, feeling someone's eyes on me. I know who it is so spinning around to check was pointless. He grabs my arm and holds me back making me face him. 

I look into his blue eyes. I know he probably won't stop following me until he says what he has to say. I hope I don't regret giving him my time. 

"What do you want Scott?" is all I manage to say. Scott and I haven't spoken at all since the show and I needed it to stay that way. 

"You've changed, Court," he says with a concerned tone. Or maybe its pity? I immediately regret giving him a chance to talk. It feels like he's pitying me and that's the last thing I want. 

"Look, I got to go. I'll talk to you later," I say and hurry to get past him. I won't be talking to him later. 

I hate it when people say I've changed. That seems to be the first thing that they notice when their eyes fall on me. My hair has green streaks and my clothes are different, all thanks to him. I'm a good girl gone bad because of what I felt for him. All I wanted was for him to stay. I was ready to do anything, only if he had stayed.  

I try to pull down my short skirt and my crop top. It felt wrong, yet right to wear this. This is the norm for me now. I sigh when it won't go down and give up. 

I walk out to my car and find my best friend/ex's sister, Shane, leaning against my car. She came closer and spreads her arms open. She pulls me in for a hug that I gratefully accept.

"I am done with guys," I whisper and she laughs.

"Are you finally coming out of the closet?" she asks. I glare at her trying to keep on a straight face, but I couldn't with her laughter echoing and the look she has on her face. I laugh with her and shake my head. 

"I am done for now," I correct when our laughter dies out. 

"Riiight." Shane smiled. 

Shane's name is called and she groans knowing who it is. "That's my brother. I got to go. Call you later. Drive safe." She gave me one more hug and ran to meet her brother.

Sure, my best friend is my ex's sister but that doesn't matter because we are closer than most. We are practically sisters anyway. I trust her to always have my back, as I will for her. 

I open my car door and enter into the driver's seat. I watch as Shane and she enters into his car. I start my own car and play Wrecking Ball to the highest volume, winding up my windows so it isn't heard from outside. I sing along to drown out my worries. It's like the song was meant for me.

↠↞

There is only one thing I mainly regret. 

Letting him come into my life. 

Yes, we had some good times. And bad times. It was only one girl that changed him against me. She is none other than my ex-best friend, Gwen Ingrid. 

Even after Total Drama World Tour, when she was like a slow poison and back-stabbed me with him, I forgave both of them. I forgave them even after knowing the truth. I forgave them because I loved them and I was willing to start afresh. I forgave them because I thought that they wouldn't hurt me again, but I was wrong. I knew that giving him another chance would probably backfire. 

But I went for it anyway. 

I get out of my car and walk into my house lackadaisically then into my room.

My door opens and my mom walks in with a phone in her hand. I knew she was coming to scold me.

"Why do I keep getting calls from your school?" she asks concerned. But I hear pity. It seems to be the only thing I ever hear from people these days. 

I shrug my shoulders. I play with one of the green streaks in my hair to keep me distracted from answering her question. It doesn't help much. 

"It's that boy, isn't it? I always knew he was a bad boy," my mom says with her hands on her hips. Wow, state the obvious, Mom. You don't know anything. I'm not your perfect daughter anymore. 

I ignore her, something I have been doing a lot lately. I turn my back to her as I lay down comfortably on my bed. My mom scoffs and leaves my room. 

I hear the doorbell ring and I know my mother probably won't answer it. I get up and creep out of my room. I stand by the railing giving Mom a chance to open the door.

She doesn't, exactly like I thought she she wouldn't. I slowly go down the stairs. When I get to the door, I see my mom on the couch looking relaxed, as if she didn't hear the doorbell in the first place. 

As I open the door, I see three people; two of the people I despise. The two people that derive pleasure in hurting me and seeing tears in my eyes. I see the two people who betrayed me and turned me into what I am right now.

Shane was standing there smiling and behind her stood . . .

Gwen Ingrid and Duncan Nelson.

------------------------------ 

Edits done by geneyjohn 

kk. I decided I was gonna write a Duncney fanfic. You can go full out on what you think about. Tbh, I've probs already thought worse. Anyway if your a Duncney fan then this book is for you, I hope. Enjoy! Comment, vote, share...

*edited