Chapter 10

(Duncan's POV)

Going to juvie is having a break from the rest of the world. Its getting away from the pain of knowing that you can't have someone back. From the jealousy that somebody else will get her one day. 

That's why I'm not very happy when my parents come to pick me up. 

Like usual, they lecture me to do better and tell me that they are disappointed. Blah, blah, blah. I've heard it a million times before. They're lucky I didn't end up in jail again. 

When we get to the house, I get out of the car slamming the door behind me. My parents were juveniles at one point. They should know how I feel. 

Hell, they even met in juvie. 

I walk into the house and hear Shane, Scott, and Gwen in the living room. Why is Gwen here? After my parents leave to their room, I stand by the door to my room and eavesdrop. 

"Trent would totally be able to ask her out," Gwen says. 

"That's good. Courtney will probably say yes, if anything," Shane says. "I can tell that she really likes him."

A pang of jealousy hits me. Trent with Courtney? 

"Well, babe, do you think she will be happy with this?" I hear Scott ask.

I'm not happy with it. 

"I heard they kissed," Shane responds. 

Kissed? 

After that, I go into my room and sit on my bed. I'm wishing that I stayed in juvie a little bit longer. 

Gwen sounded so calm. Her boyfriend kissed Courtney. 

Trent kissed Courtney. 

I need an explanation.

↠↞

I find Courtney at Dunkin' Donuts, just as Shane said she would be.

She's sitting at one of the back tables tracing the lid of the cup with her finger. Her hair is thrown up into a messy bun, and she's wearing mascara and eye shadow. She sporting a gray tank-top with green leggings along with black converse. 

I want to hold her in my arms, but I can't. I'm mad at her. 

I start to walk towards her, but then my phone goes off in my pocket. 

My mom is calling me. I'm supposed to be grounded. 

I answer it and say, "When do I ever follow the rules?" Then I hang up and turn off my phone without waiting for a response.

Pocketing it, I look back at Courtney. She's spotted me and is waving me over. 

I sit across from her. "You kissed Trent," I say. I don't bother to hide the fact that I'm pissed.

She furrows her eyebrows. "What?"

"I just want to know why you kissed Trent. I noticed that you and him had talked, but I didn't realize that there was more involved with you two," I say more calmly. Or at least as calmly as I can muster.

I'm jealous. And my jealousy is taking over me.  I don't have the right to feel this way.

Courtney leans back in her chair and folds her arms. "And what if I did?"

So she did kiss Trent. 

I get up. "Don't come to me if Trent goes missing," I say bluntly. His ass was dead.

As I'm about to walk out of the shop, I feel a hand on my arm. Its Courtney's.

"Duncan," she says softly. "I didn't kiss Trent."

That's what they all say. I want to believe her, but I don't. "That's bullshit," I say. "I heard everything they said. You don't just go and kiss another girl's boyfriend. That's a slut move."

I don't know what my problem is. I did it to her. I kissed another girl when I was with her. The worst thing is: 

We aren't even together.

My jealousy is like a raging fire that can't be controlled. I've already said what I can't take back. 

I hurry out the door and jog to my car. She yells something I don't understand, then I'm driving to Trent's house.

↠↞

I park my car a block away from Trent's house. 

He's the one who left on tour with the Drama Brothers. He's the one that left Gwen behind. If he didn't leave, me and Courtney would still be fine. I think. 

I'm the one who messed up everything, but he's the one who left. 

I'm a jerk and Trent's gonna be the one to pay for it. 

He kissed Courtney. 

I start the car again and this time, I park it in his driveway blocking his car from being able to get out. 

Trent walks out of the house in that second and walks over when he sees me. The first thing I do when I'm out of my car is punch him. 

"Jackass," I call him. 

"Dude, what the hell was that for?" He asks rubbing where I punched him.

"You fucking kissed Courtney and cheated on Gwen!"

"I don't know what's going on in your mind because none of that ever happened."

"Don't lie, Trent. I heard them talking about it earlier. Shane, Gwen, and Scott." 

"I heard they kissed," Shane said. 

"Well, jackass, they were talking about you and Courtney kissing. I'm not you, Duncan," he says. "I don't cheat on my girlfriend."

My nostrils flare. Maybe I should just drop it. I don't. "Is that why they were talking about you asking her out?" I counter. 

"For you. Not me. I just got back to my girlfriend. I'm not going to fucking dump her for another girl. I'm not an idiot like someone else I know," he tells me. "Now, if you would please move your car, I'm gonna do you a favor."

I suddenly feel guilty for everything I just did to both Courtney and Trent. I'm surprised he would still ask Courtney out for me. 

"I don't want you to do me a favor. I'll ask her myself. I messed up, so I'm gonna be the one to fix it." I turn to get into my car. 

"You have fun with that," he says, annoyed. 

"I'm sorry for the punch, Trent," I say out the window when I'm in my car. He nods, like he understands exactly why I did it. Then I'm off to my next destination. The school.

Why am I saying sorry so much lately? Juveniles shouldn't say sorry.

Oh yeah. Because I'm a douche bag.

----------------------------- 

Edits done by geneyjohn 

Soooooo, I did not like this chapter whatsoever but I continued to write it anyway.

I promise that I will make it up to you guys in the next chapter. 

I don't know what to do. *Sigh* I'm just gonna go sit in the corner and mourn over the fact that Duncan is a total dick right now.  

*edited