Chapter 6

(Duncan's POV)

I'm a douche bag.

Just expecting Courtney to forgive me after apoligizing on the phone just makes it even more true.

For one thing, I was not expecting Courtney to be so pissy. For another, I shouldn't have sounded like such a dick.

I walk upstairs about the same time Shane walks into the door. She comes over to me and throws her arms around me.

I am so confused that I just stand there like an idiot. "Um, Shane, what are you doing?" I ask.

She backs up then makes a disgusted face. "I cant believe I just did that," she mumbles. "Anyway, thank you for finally talking to Courtney," she says a little bit louder.

"About?" I ask even though I know exactly what she's talking about.

"You apologized and thats something I never thought you would do," she tells me.

Apparently she didn't hear the whole story. "Uh, your welcome," I say, it coming out more as a question rather than a statement. Courtney made our conversation into something it wasn't.

Makes things easier for me, I guess.

"Is that where you were all night? With Courtney?"

"Well, yeah. She's getting over you fast, bro." She walks over to the fridge and grabs a cheese stick. She starts nibbling on it. "Your chances to get back with her are fading, Duncan."

I raise an eyebrow. "I never said I wanted to get back with her."

She smiles. "Its obvious you do. I'm your twin." She walks avoer to me and puts a hand on my shoulder. I shake it off. She doesn't seem fazed. "Knowing things about you is like my sixth sense." She then walks out of the kitchen.

I officially hate being a twin.

Maybe inside, I do want to get back with Courtney, but it's actually been quite peaceful not having a controlling girl in my life.

But it's also quite lonely when I don't have someone to worry about what I do.

I kind of feel guilty. Since tomorrow is Saturday, I'm going to actually go and see Courtney to apologize. Though I realize now that she probably wants nothing to do with me.

I'm going to go over to her house anyway.

↠↞

I walk up to her door and knock. Someone I did not expect answered. 

Scott. 

He leans against the door the door frame. "Hey, Duncan," he says casually. 

I am so confused. Why the hell is Scott at Courtney's house?

"Uh, hey, Scott. What are you doing here?" I ask. 

"I'm just hanging out with my new girlfriend. What are you doing here?" he asks.

I ignore his question. "Girlfriend?" The word hits me a lot harder than expected. It's like Shane set me up.

"Um, yeah."

"Ok then. Can I talk to your girlfriend?"

He furrows his brow. I forgot that he thought I already had talked to her. "I thought you already did?"

"I did, but I need to talk to her again." Farm boys need more of a brain. 

He shrugs. "Whatever. Did you know that she burned all of those pictures of you guys?"

Pictures? Now I know what Shane meant by she was getting over me fast. "Okay? And I care why? Can I just talk to her?" 

"Yeah, of course." He walks into the house then comes back a few minutes later. "She doesn't want to." 

"What? Can she not tell me that herself? Are you her servant or something?" I snap.

Scott rolls his eyes. "Just go, Duncan."

I ignore him and move past him into the house. Luckily, I know exactly where her room is. Scott follows me. "God, you really don't know how to listen, do you?"

I shake my head and knock on Courtney's door. I hear her talk through the door. "Scott, I already told you that you didn't need to kn-" She stops when she opens it. She tries shutting the door again, but I keep it open with my shoe. 

"Come on. Just talk to me for two minutes."

"I thought I told you that I wanted nothing to do with you anymore. Your not doing yourself any favors by coming to talk to me. I'm over you, so leave me alone," she says. Scott pushes me out of the way. I almost punch him. 

"Courtney, I was a douche on the phone yesterday. Let me make it up to you at least."

Scott gives her a look of confusion. She shakes her head slightly and looks at me. "Duncan, just go away. You already broke me, and now I'm trying to put the pieces back together. Just leave," she says. 

"Why can't you just forget about all of that for a couple of minutes?" I ask. 

She shakes her and goes to close the door again. "I can't change my memories." This time I let her close the door. 

I look at Scott. "You can't change the fact that your a jackass. Not my problem," he tells me. He walks into the room.

I sigh and walk downstairs to leave the house. I get into my car and drive home. 

When I walk into my own house, Shane is on the couch watching The Lion King. I look at the screen then at her. "The Lion King? Seriously?" I sit down on the couch near her. 

"Yep. Deal with it. You look miserable," she says. I snort. Miserable isn't even half of what I feel right now. "I'll take that as a 'I am miserable. I just don't want to admit it.'" I don't respond.

I should just give up on trying to fix things with Courtney. I should just forget the fact that I messed up her life two months ago and now karma is coming back to make me feel her pain. 

Sad thing is:

It's working.

------------------------------

Edits done by geneyjohn 

Thoughts? Opinions?

*edited