Chapter 2

(Courtney's POV)

"Wait a second," I say after Shane asked her question. "All you want from me is advice on what movie you should go see?" I'm not sure if I'm talking to Shane or Duncan. I feel used. 

How could my best friend show up with my ex-boyfriend and my ex-best friend, just to ask what movie they should go see? How could I ever think that Duncan was gonna come running back? How could I be so stupid to ever think that Duncan Nelson, the bad boy, would miss a girl like me?

I force a smile, a mask to hide my pain, and tell them a movie to watch. 

It's been two months since Duncan and I had last talked to each other. And those months have been the most painful months of my life, but now, I wish it could go back like that. I would rather have everything back to being a pain in the ass than have Duncan's relationship rubbed in my face. 

I glance at Duncan and Gwen snuggling on the couch. Well, Gwen snuggling up to him and Duncan's arm wrapped around her. None of them have changed. They are still the same people from Total Drama. The same people who like to make others miserable. But they were my best friends and now it seems that they have forgotten me. 

Duncan looks happier than he was with me. 

It hurts me to say it, to even think it, but I hate the fact that he is happy without me. 

I look at Shane. She's standing by the door waiting for Duncan and Gwen to follow. When they finally did, I shut the door and run up to my room. I slam my door feeling like angry and sad. 

Remind me to never get my hopes up again, I think to myself. 

I jump onto my bed and stare at the ceiling letting the tears flow freely. 

I let them hurt me all over again.

↠↞

(Duncan's POV)

I walk out of Courtney's house feeling guilty. It's been two months since we have last spoken, or even saw each other. When we did see each other, it was to ask what movie to watch. Maybe, I shouldn't have brought Gwen. Or even myself. Shane should've gone alone.

How corrupt could I be?

I never meant to hurt Courtney. I didn't want her to change for me either. It showed how desperately she wanted me. 

And I didn't see it. What I saw in Gwen was better than what I saw in Courtney.

Now that I heard Courtney's angelic voice, I remember everything we did together and how close we were. I miss her bossiness and her whole C.I.T get up. But I ruined it and now I don't need her anymore. 

I look at my arm that's around Gwen. One of the things I would do that would annoy Courtney. With Gwen, it was like she was eager for me to touch her. 

After Total Drama All Stars, we all got together when I was out of jail. Trent and Gwen were happy, and Courtney and I were happy but it didn't seem to be enough. Trent went on tour with the Drama Brothers leaving Gwen behind. Courtney had begun being like me, failing classes, being bad. I didn't want to mess up anything else for her. I thought, at the time, that I was supposed to be with Gwen. Especially when it came to what happened in Total Drama World Tour.

I help Gwen into the car and get into the driver's seat. I'm having second thoughts on dating Gwen instead of Courtney. Courtney had brought out my soft side while I brought out her bad side. She was always bad and I loved that. We were perfect together but I threw it all away.

I drop Gwen off at her place after the movie. I avoid her lips when she tries to kiss me. She frowns and slams the car door. Shane climbed over the seat to sit in the front. Sometimes, having a twin is the worse thing that you could have at any moment, but they understand the most. 

Shane looks at me, obviously showing that she had things to say. After a while, she finally asks, "You miss her now, don't you?"

I shake my head. Not only lying to her but also to myself. Maybe it was a bad idea giving up on Courtney. 

Shane frowns. "Dammit, Duncan! Do you know how hurt she is? How broken you left her?" She yelled angrily.

When I stop at a red light, I look at her. "Well, I don't want her okay? So stay out of my love life! She can be hurt all she wants but she needs to get over it!" I snap. "I want nothing to do with her."

Shane gapes at me. "I know you're a juvenile, but that was low, even for you. Sometimes, I wish that you would have stayed in jail then none of this would've freaking happened."

I don't reply. Mainly because I don't want to. I have nothing to say. She's right but I can't possibly tell her that. 

How can I tell her that I miss her best friend? How can I tell her that I have longed to have Courtney back in my arms? How can I tell her that I have longed to shout out to the world saying "Courtney Barlow is mine and no one else's"? How can I tell her that without sounding weak and soft?

The light turns green and we drive in silence. I have no idea how to make Courtney feel better. I don't want to do anything but the guilt is going to kill me. The fact that I hurt Courtney with Gwen, her ex-best friend, makes everything worse. 

The stupid TV show messed it up. Add that to your list of regrets, I remind myself. A list that I constantly add things onto. 

We get to the house and I throw my keys at Shane. I go to say something but stop myself knowing that she probably isn't in the mood to hear me out. 

I walk down into the basement, which is my room. Laying on my bed, I check my phone. There are two texts from Scott. 

Scott Bro
She's pretty beaten up

Scott Bro
Why don't you talk to her? She deserves an explanation at least

I scoff. Does it look like I care? I throw my phone across the room. I don't want her back.

I walk upstairs and get a glass of water. Just then my sister walks in. 

"You know instead of being an asshole, you could talk to her," she says folding her arms and leaning on the counter. 

I sigh after chugging the water. "I'll talk to her but it will just take longer for her to grow up and get over me. Little miss C.I.T can be a dramatic bitch all she wants. That's her problem."

I know I'm being rude, but I want Courtney out of my head. I throw the cup into the sink.

"Leave me alone," is all I say before I go back into my room. 

I sit on my bed and put my face into my hands. I can't figure out how I really feel about her. I dumped her for Gwen. I messed up her life. I made her a completely different person.

Maybe I could fix her? 
Or not.

I don't want her back. 
No. 

Maybe I'm lying to myself?
Probably.

------------------------------

Edits done by geneyjohn 

Good? Bad? Comment, vote, and share.

*edited