Chapter 7

(Courtney's POV)

Easier. Thats what my life has been lately. 

A week has gone by since Duncan came to my house. For some reason, I see him more often, but it doesn't hurt anymore.

Giving Scott another chance was useful. But that my problem. I feel like I'm using him. He's helped keep my mind off Duncan, but that all he really does. We don't kiss. We hold hands but it's... awkward. Scott even sneaks glances to Shane when he thinks I'm not looking. In the back of my mind, I know that Duncan was a better boyfriend. 

And that's why I'm going to end things with Scott.

I walk through the halls looking for him until I crash into someone. I'm not surprised when I look up. He probably walked into me on purpose.

"Uh, hey, Court," he says rubbing the back of his neck with a small smile on his face. 

"Hey. Do you, by chance, know where Scott is?" I ask. 

Duncan's eye twitches. He's jealous, but why? "Nope. Maybe find my twin and he'll probably be there." 

I roll my eyes. It doesn't bother me that Scott likes my best friend. Hell, I don't even know if I like Scott myself, honestly. "And where would your twin be?" I ask. 

"Probably vandalizing the school, right now." I go to walk around him, but he grabs my wrist. "Hey, um, Court?"

I turn, annoyed. I'm over him, so I don't mind the talking, but its the touching I'm getting upset about. "What?"

"Are you doing anything tonight?" he asks. He must know how I feel about Scott. He's going to take advantage of it. 

"I don't know, Duncan." He lets go of my wrist and I walk away. 

I find both Shane and Scott, outside, just as Duncan predicted. Scott turns toward me. 

"Oh, hey, babe," he says grabbing my hand. I pull it away slowly as I look at what Shane is doing. Shane is busy spray-painting:

Scottney sucks, Duncney rocks. 

I'm confused. At first she wanted me to get over Duncan, so I changed back and got with Scott, now she's spray-painting a ship name for Duncan and I on the school. 

I look back at Scott who now has a frown on his face. "Look, Scott," I start, "I don't know how long this will last, but knowing how you feel about Shane..."

"Shane? Who says I feel anything for her?" he asks quietly so Shane can't hear.

I laugh. "Scott, it's obvious. Your really bad at hiding your feelings." Except when it came to me for some reason. I'm starting to think that Duncan has something to do with me and Scott being together. Maybe Scott doesn't have feelings for me at all. 

He nods slightly then sighs. "Yeah, I guess your right." At least he admits it. That's something. I point at Shane and the spray-painting. "I'm guessing that you're okay with that then?" I ask him.

He looks up. His eyes widen. "I didn't realize she was writing that. I just saw her writing Scottney and thought she was going to write something different."

"I don't know what's gotten into her. She's frying my brain," I say,rubbing my temples. 

Scott chuckles. "Well, I gotta admit, she's right." I look at him. 

"She's right? You do realize that we were dating like two minutes ago." Yep, Duncan definitely had something to so with this. 

He looks away from the painting. "Uh, I mean, she's wrong?"