Epilogue

(Courtney's POV)

I look at my little girl's hand in mine. My third child. Another accomplishment in my life. 

Little Ciara reaches up to me. I pick her up in my arms and kiss her forehead. Her giggles are like music to my ears as she buries her head in my shoulder. Rock music gets in the way. I sigh as I follow it. I find the twins and my husband all downstairs practicing for who knows what. 

I sit on the bottom step as I watch my oldest daughter's blue hair brush her shoulders as she strums her guitar. Devan's the oldest of the twins, by a minute. Connor on the other hand is the youngest of them. He beats on the drums bobbing his head up and down as he does so. Lastly, there's my husband, Duncan Nelson. He holds an electric guitar in his hands. 

I get off the step and set my daughter down. I walk over to Duncan and wrap my arms around him. 

"Hey, ogre," I say with a smile when he turns to face me. 

"Hey, princess," he responds leaning down to kiss me. 

"Why do you guys touch lips?" Ciara asks from behind me. Her little hands reaching up to me again. I can hear Connor and Devan laughing quietly. I look at Duncan. You can answer this one, I say silently. 

He rolls his eyes and takes Ciara in his own tattooed arms. 

"A kiss is a promise to show love," he says. That catches me off-guard. Love? Then I think of that one night at Dunkin' Donuts when he kissed me the first time in months.  Did he love me then? 

I continue to listen intently on his explanation.

"See when me and your mother kiss, its a sign of love. It shows we love each other. But there are more signs like se-"

I cut him off with a glare as I take Ciara back out of Duncan's arms. "She's four, ogre. She doesn't need to know those things yet," I scold him. 

Devan bursts out laughing hysterically, and Connor holds back his laughter. Duncan chuckles and wraps an arm around my waist.

"She'll learn soon enough," he whispers as he seductively bites the tip of my ear. I push him away, but I couldn't help the blush that came to my cheeks. 

"Duncan," I warn. "Don't even think about it." Before he can do or say anything else, I slip out of his grip and walk upstairs. Ciara is still in my arms as I sit on the couch with a sigh.

"Mommy, why did Daddy bite your ear?" Ciara asks. Why does she have to be so perceptive and curious?

"We'll have Daddy explain that one later," I say. Ugh, Duncan with children is not a good mix. Yet, two of my children are alone with him right now. 

 "Plus, it's time to go to bed."

Ciara nods. This is the good thing about her. She doesn't complain.

After I put her to bed, I go into my bedroom and lay down. Tomorrow I'm supposed to fly to the U.S. for a business trip. I need as much sleep as I can get. I close my eyes, but I don't fall asleep. Instead, I go back to the memory of my wedding. 

"I can't believe your getting married right out of High School," Gwen says as she brushes eye shadow onto my eyelids. 

A shrug is my response. 

After so many times of forgiving Gwen, this is one time I don't regret. We're both happy. What can mess it up now?

"That's a good thing though. Since you are both going to the same college. I'm surprised he graduated in the first place." I can tell there's a smile on her face. I smile too.