7: sven, don't you think I'm right

I woke up with a raspy throat and a pounding headache.
It didn't take much to convince my parents that I wasn't feeling well enough to help out in the bakery today.
I sat on my bed, sketch book in hand.
Although I didn't feel well,  I felt like I needed to do something productive.
Maybe I could finish the designs for the rest of the costumes at least.
"Marinette, you should get some sleep." Tiki chided me.
"Sleep's overrated. " I yawned.
"Marinette! "
"I'm fine. "
"At least get something to eat. " Tiki sighed.
My stomach growled,  as if on key.
"Okay... " I said giving in.
I went downstairs and grabbed a sandwich and a player of cookies before bringing it up to my room. I also grabbed some ibuprofen for my head.
"Ok,  I'm back. " I told Tiki.
And then I paused.
Tiki wasn't anywhere to be seen.
But Chat Noir was.
The black cat was sitting on my bed, his emerald eyes looking at me.
"Oh...um, hi? " I said, then I held out the plate of cookies. "Want one? '
"Hello to you. And don't mind if I do. " Chat said grabbing a cookie.
I grabbed a cookie for myself and sat next to him on my bed.
"Haven't you heard of this thing called knocking? " I said looking at him expectantly.
"Can't say I have,  Princess.  Would you like to teach me?" He said raising his eyebrows.
I threw my pillow at his head.
"I see your feeling well enough to assault the city's favorite super hero. " Chat said,  examining his claws.
I huffed and rolled my eyes. He was so full of himself!
"But seriously,  how are you feeling?" Char asked, his face suddenly close to mine and his huge emerald eyes gazing into mine.
"Um, fine! " I squeeked at his sudden closeness.  Then I leaned away and said,  "I'm fine. "
"Good. " He said, his expression unreadable. "I'm glad your okay. "
He leaned in closer again
It was silent.  Everything was starting to get weird.
"Haha,  yeah. " I laughed awkwardly.
What was his deal? "So... Any akumatized victims today? "
He hesitated a moment. Then leaned away.
I sighed in relief.
"No. Not today. " Chat said.
"Oh good. "
There was another awkward silence.
"Um... Any major plans for today? " I asked.
"None."
"Uh.... " I replied looking around my room. I saw a gaming controller laying on my desk.  "Do you want to play? "
Chat looked over and saw what I was pointing at.  "Only if you want to lose... "
And for about three hours straight we played a video game called Mortal Kombat on my PS4.
And for three hours straight, Chat Noir was the one that lost.
"C'mon you stupid.... " Chat mumbled as he lost another match.
I giggled. He looked so concentrated and hopeful and he never was a sore loser.
It kind of reminded me of playing with Adrien.
I layed down on my back and looked up at the ceiling as I won another match.
"Tired of winning? " Chat grinned lying next to me.
"Not really. Especially if your the one that's losing," I teased.
"I don't mind losing to a princess. " Chat said.
I blushed.
"What's your life like when your not Chat Noir?  I suddenly asked.
He raised an eyebrow,  but nevertheless took a deep breath and answered the question.
" Well it's not too exciting, actually. "
It was my turn to raise an eyebrow.
"I'm usually stuck at home or work,  but I am lucky to have the greatest friends. " Chat said.
"Me too. Alya, Nino,  and Adrien are the best." I sighed after I said Adrien,  I mean he was better than the best.
"So... Uh.... What do you think of your friends individually.? " Chat asked.
"Well me and Alya are super close and hang out all the time. Shes the person I go to when I need to talk about my problems and I know she'll stick through my side thick and thin. Nino is like the brother I never had. He's really nice and protective like one anyways. And Adrien.... He's the most amazing person.  He really loving and caring and puts people's needs before himself and he's not afraid to stand up for what he believes in. " I said.  I started to blush as I talked about Adrien,  but Chat was just gazing into my eyes,  a nice smile on his face.
"We should hang out more, Marinette." Chat said.
"What are you talking about? We're hanging out right now,  aren't we? "
"Yea your right. " Chat said,  still looking directly at me.
I looked to the ground and blushed.  Why did I feel so nervous around him.
Suddenly I slowly saw my trap door open up.
This time Chat and I gave each other looks of alarm.
What would my parents say if they found out a superhero was my room?
Chat scrambled under my bed and I was surprised as Alya bound up into my room.
"Alya...whats up? " I giggled nervously.
"Well let's see... You went to a party last night, didn't call me to tell me how the party went,  and now I here rumors that you almost died! How bout you tell me what's up. " Alya said.
So I explained everything that happened and how Chat Noir came to the rescue.
"Girl that is sooo romantic. If I didn't know you liked Adrien I would totally ship you guys! That's awesome."
"Alya!" I hissed,  knowing that Chat Noir was under my bed listening to every detail.
"Gurl, what's the mater? You afraid Adrien is under your bed? " She laughed.
I giggled nervously along with her
It wasn't Adrien under the bed,  but there was definitely a cat.
Alya's phone rang and she told me that it was her mother needing a baby sitter.
"Don't go drowning in pools while I'm away! " Alya said as she left.
"Bye Alya. " I said.
And then she was gone.
"So.....Adrien huh? " Chat said, a mischeivious smile on his face.
"Don't even..." I mumbled blushing.
This was probably the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to me.
Thanks Alya.
"Wait so if you like this uh Adrien,  then why did you go to that party with the other guy.? " Chat asked.
"Well I mean Luka is pretty cool and were friends and stuff, plus he asked me, and I think if someone has the courage to ask someone out,  the least you can do is give them a chance. " I told him,  blushing ten times harder.
"So do you think if I asked Ladybug on a date... She'd um go with me? "
I think my face resembled a cherry tomatoes and this point.
"Why wouldn't she?" I squeeked.
"Your right Marinette, thanks for the advice. "
"Anytime." I mumbled.
"And uh maybe try asking Adrien on a date with you. For all you know, he could give you a chance. " Chat said.
I felt my insides warm up a little bit.
"Thanks Chat. " I told him,  blushing at the ground.
"Anytime." he said winking at me.
"I gotta go, but I'll see you later Princess." Chat said going to the rooftop terrace.
"Later kitty. " I replied.
And then he was gone.