12: Put me in summer and I'll be.....a happy snowman!

I woke up early again today. And made an executive decision.
If Adrien loved the superhero side of me, that was okay. I would be the best version of Ladybug that I could be. And as Marinette I would be the best friend I can be for Adrien.
For Adrien.
I sighed. Sometimes it sucked leading a double life.
Oh well.
I slipped out of my bedroom and went to eat some breakfast before leaving.
"I'm glad you are feeling much better, Marinette. " Tiki told me as we walked to school.
"Me too, Tiki. " I said as I arrived infront of the school building.
"Mari gurl! You actually showed up today! " Alya exclaimed, scooting over.
"Yep! " I smiled at the other girl. "What did I miss? " I asked her.
"Not much, except in rehearsals. Mrs. Jean went crazy. Your the main character and basically in all the scenes. "
"Oh."
"But she'll be relieved to see you back."
"Hey Alya, Marinette. " Nino said, sliding into his seat. "Did you hear that Lila is coming back today. "
I blinked in shock. Lila. Her name brought a bitter taste to my mouth. She lied so easily and expertly and causes problems for everyone. The only ones who knew about her lies we're me and Adrien.
"Really? You mean from her latest trip to America? " I said nonchalantly.
"Yeah, she's awesome! " Nino exclaimed as him and Alya began talking about Lila.
I rolled my eyes. Yay. The liar is back. Hurray.
"I forgot my pencils. " I told them getting up. "I will be right back."
They merely nodded at me before going back to their conversation.
I made my way to my locker and opened it, only to have a bucket of water spatter on my head.
I looked around, but no one was in sight.
I let on an angry hiss but took a couple of deep breaths.
"Hahahaha." I laughed unemotionally. "Good prank. I totally fell for it. "
No body showed their faces, so I turned back to my locker, but was dismayed to see a note that read "Remember: your with me or against me." I angrily grabbed my pencil, and walked back to class, wet and angry.
"Oh my gosh! Are you okay?" Alya asked, shocked.
"Peachy." I said sitting down. And I felt something sticky in my spot. A piece of gum.
"Who did this!? " I demanded, irritated. Class didn't start for ten minutes but their was a handful of students including Chloe, Lila, Sabrina, Alex, Kim, and Nathaniel.
"Marinette! Why are you taking your anger out on us? " Lila spoke, fake innocence all over her face.
"You did it, didn't you? " I asked, moving to face her.
"Not me- Chloe did. " Lila said smugly.
"Did not! " Chloe screeched at her. "Do you really think I'd waste my time with someone as boring as Marinette?"
Sabrina nodded her support.
"Are you seriously going to believe Chloe. She causes problems all the time. " Alya said.
"Yeah, but at least Chloe isn't a pathological liar. " I replied, my gaze fixed on Lila.
"Why are you accusing me of such things? " Lila said, and then broke down into tears.
"What's the matter with you! " Alya replied, rushing over to Lila.
I looked on in disbelief.
"Are you really going to believe her over your own best friend? "
"My best friend doesn't target people who are innocent! " Alya told me. "As matter of fact I don't even want to sit by you! " And with that, Alya grabbed her stuff, and sat in the back with Lila.
Lila sent me a mischievous smile.
I watched in a mix of hurt and shock.
I fought the stream of tears that threatened to spill over my eyes and sat in my seat with gum on my butt and drenched in water.
Chloe got up and marched over to Lila.
"I don't care about your little fake tears. As of right now I consider you lower than Maritrash. I'd watch your back if I were you. " Chloe threatened before walking back to her seat.
Adrien walked in, and looked at the scene confused.
I avoided contact with him. He sat in front of me by Nino.
The day carried on and soon we were at rehearsals. Alya still was not speaking with me, so neither was Nino or Adrien.
I sighed.
"Glad to see your back, Marinette. Celeste is gone so Chloe you will fill in. We are going to rehearse the scene where Anna save Elsa from Hans."
There was a groan from the people around us.
"Bout time. " Chloe murmured.
"I'm sure you'll do just great. " Alya muttered sarcastically as Chloe walked by. Chloe ignored her.
"I need Anna, Elsa, Hans, and Kristoff on stage. "
I got up to the stage. Chloe and Luka we're both at center stage, while me and Adrien were at opposite ends of the stage.
"Action!" Mrs. Jean called out.
Chloe started to back away from Luka.
"....Just take care of my sister. " She told him.
I blinked in shock at how good Chloe was.
"Your sister? She returned from ththe mountain weak and cold. She said you froze her heart. " Luka said taking a step closer to Chloe.
"What?" She asked in disbelief. "No... "
"I tried to save her, but it was too late. Her skin was ice, her hair turned white-"
There was a brief pause as a griefstricken look overcame Chloe.
"Your sister is dead. " Luka stated. Then his voice became angry. "Because of you. "
Chloe fell to the ground, wailing out a dramatic wail of grief.
I was shocked at how real she made it all seem.
Chloe was just as good as Celeste, probably even better than the older girl. Why didn't she get the part?
"Kristoff! " I whispered shaking as I called out.
"Anna! " His voice rang clear and worried over the stage, we stepped closer to each other.
He started to run to me as I moved closer to him step by step.
But then I heard Hans draw out his swordswordand ran to my sisters aid.
Hans struck me with his sword, but by then, it was too late.
I was ice.
Hans flung back from the impact unconscious.
Elsa looked up at me and then-
"Do I really have to hug her? " Chloe's asked breaking character.
I thought Mrs. Jean has going to have a heart attack.
"This is why you didn't get the role, Chloe. Your impossible to work with. " Mrs. Jean seethed.
Chloe hrumphed.
"How about we call it a day and retry tomorrow? " I suggested.
Mrs. Jean nodded her approval and everyone began to disperse.
I saw Adrien walking over to me, but was called away by Nino.
I sighed and started walking on my own.
Chloe was pouting against the wall.
I stopped, turned and smiled at her, "You were pretty great up there. I don't care what anyone thinks. "
She looked at me, curiously, before pouting again.
I smiled at her one last time before walking out the door.