23: You don't have to live in fear

A|n remember this chapter will be in Adriens POV.

I hesitated infront of the girls bathroom which Marinette had ran into.

I needed to know why Marinette was upset and in pain. She wouldn't want to bother anyone with her worries, but I knew that Luka had hurt her, and i needed to show her that someone was there for her.

"What are you waiting for?" Plagg piqued in, as we stood infront of the door.

"It-its the girls bathroom. I can't just walk in!"

"Do we really need to have this conversation again? If camembert was on the otherside of that stall, i would not even hesi-"

"Okay, Plagg! I get it." I responed.

Just as I went to reach the door, it burst open, sending me flying into the wall.

A person walked out.

Her hair had grown into a very long ponytail and she wore a black bodysuit. A needle in hand. Her skin was alarmingly pale and her eyes were black holes.

Despite all this, I knew that she was Marinette and Hawkmoth had gotten a hold of her.

Anger radiated from me in waves. How dare anyone corrupt Marinette? She was the most innocent and caring person I knew.

Marinette hadn't even noticed me as she stomed past, a black smokey aura following her trail.

I was frozen with just the shock of it all, until I heard screaming from some nearby classrooms.

I shook my head and stood up. I needed to change into Chat Noir in order to save Marinette.

"Uh-oh..." Plagg mumbled taking in the situation and knowing whats next. "Couldn't we just let her wreak havoc for a bit and take a break. It wasn't that long ago we had to deal with Truth Sayer."

"Plagg, claws out!" I yelled out and transformed into my black cat alter ego, Chat Noir.

I dashed down the hallway, dodging the hordes of students trying desperately to get away, screaming their heads off.

When I saw the terror they were running from, I really wished that I could join them.

Marinette was taking her sewing needle and sewing peoples mouths shut, only allowing slightly muffled screams to escape as blood dripped off their chins and onto the floor.

This was serious horror movie fuel.

"Marinette!" I called out to my akumatized friend.

She looked directly at me before opening up her mouth and screaming loud ebough to shatter the glass on the classroom windows.

"Ow!" I winced, covering my ears.

"Give me your Miraculous!" Akumatized Marinette growled, her voice sounding scratched and sore.

"No way! Marinette, you can fight this. I know you can!" I told her. I was still in shock.

Marinette wasn't the kind of person that just gets akumatized.

"I. Am. Not. MARINETTE!" She screamed getting louder and louder. "I'm SCREAMSTRESS."

"Uh, yeah sure." I needed to break through to her before she could hurt anyone else.

People were still scrambling to get away, their mouths sewed shut, and screams muffled.

I needed to separate her from the people.

"Your Miraculous, now!" She screamed at me.

"Yeah sure, okay." I smiled at her. "But you have to catch me first!"