24: the only frozen heart around here is yours

A|n we are back to Marinette's POV

I looked up to see Chat Noir's disguise dissipate into none other than Adrien Argeste.

My jaw dropped and my problems were pushed to the back of my mind.

Adrien, the guy I had been in love with since middle school, was Chat Noir. And Chat Noir was in love with Ladybug, and oh yeah, I am Ladybug.

I just sat there and blinked stupidly.

Chat Noir was Adrien. For some reason I could not wrap my head around the fact that I had not noticed this sooner.

Basically everything made so much more sense now.

"Uh, don't look at me. You saw nothing!" Adrien spoke out, trying to cover my eyes.

"Really Adrien? Or should I say Chat Noir?" I felt myself involuntarily smirk and moved his hands away from my face.

"Uh, Marinette. I can totally explain."

"What needs to be explained? I say you detransform right in front of me." I told him as I raised an eyebrow.

"Sorry dude, you have been caught."

A tiny black floating cat sat in thin air, with his arms folded.

"Plagg, your going to ruin our cover!"

"It's a little late for that..."

"Adrien, its okay. I won't tell anyone." I smiled at him.

He look at me, a caring expression on his face. Adrien gently took my arms and held me close to him.

My heart sped up a couple notches. All the pain and fear I had been feeling over Luka disappeared and my old crush on Adrien hit me head on, erupting like a volcano.

"What, Marinette, I know you won't! It's just that of Hawkmoth ever discovered my true identity, you could be in danger, and I could never forgive myself, if I was the reason you ever got hurt!"

"Adrien-"

"Marinette, I think I love you."

Whatever I had been about to say was lost. My brain was dysfunctional and my heart definitely was about to explode. I had waited for what felt like years upon years waiting for Adrien to make a confession like that to me.

I wanted to respond, to tell him that I loved him too, that I always had, but the akuma that had been flying above us. Had landed on my sewing needle again.

Screamstress! Do not forget the pain you are in the suffering you wish to release unto everyone. They need to feel what you did. And all I need is Chat Noir and Ladybug's miraculous and you can have everything you ever wanted!

"No! I don't want this!"

A tear rolled down my cheek and I tried to hold back a stressed sober. I could feel the old feelings resurfacing again,  suffocating me and trying to pull me under.

A finger swept across my cheek, catching my tears and wiping them away.

I looked up and my eyes met Adrian's.

No words were spoken, but it was clear,  from just that one look that Adrien gave me.

Your strong, he gaze said. You maybe feeling week and worthless right now, but your not. Your the strongest girl I know and I am here to support you.

The tears that were welled up in my eyes, dried, and I took a deep breath, collecting my thoughts.

"No. I am not going to be a victim. Not this time." I spoke aloud.

Adrien, gave me a smile of encouragement.

I took the sewing needle and snapped it in half, the blackened akuma fluttering out of it in a faux innocence.

"Tiki!" I called out, and the Kwami floated out of my purse.

"I'm proud of you Mari." She told me, and gave me a nod.

I smiled at the bug like magical creature.

"Tiki, spots on!"

My regular clothes turned into the red and black spotted suit of my alter ego, Ladybug.

"What?" Adrien asked, speechless, his jaw dropped. I gave him a small smile, before throwing my yo-yo up in the air and catching the akuma.

"Time to de-evilize." I spoke, with much less enthusiasm than usual, but with a lot more sincerity.

"Bye-bye little butterfly," I whispered as the cleansed white akuma flew away.

Finally I threw my yo-yo back up in the air, yelling,"Miraculous Ladybug!" Repairing all the damage I had caused to Paris.

"Marinette is Ladybug. Ladybug is Marinette." Adrien was repeating that over and over. He sounded like a broken record.

"But you are Chat Noir." I piqued in, detransforming, after watching him try to sort out what he just witnessed.

"Haha. Okay. Wow. This is pretty ironic."

"Ironic how?" I questioned.

"Well as Marinette you wanted to ask me, as Adrien out, its always why you turned me down as Chat Noir, and why I said no to the date after our kiss at the ball. And I was in love with you as Ladybug, so when you asked me out as Marinette, I had to turn you down. We have been in a love triangle, with each other!" Adrien explained, completely shocked.

I was shocked too, for a moment. And then I laughed, because this was absolutely hilarious.

Adrien gave me a look, before he suddenly burst out in laughter as well.

Our laughs eventually turned into deep breaths, before our eyes met, an unfinished sort of tension in the air. In unison, we both stepped forward and Adrien cupped his hand around my face, leaning forward.

My beating heart stilled, and time seemed to come to a complete halt. This would be a moment I would never forget and-

BANG!

Adrien and I jumped away from eachother, startled by the loud noise.

A trash can was on its side, garbage spilling out.

Had someone spotted us? Watched our confessions, or even worse saw our reveal?

Adrien and I traded looks of fear as we stared at the toppled garbage bin awaiting what may be over there.

A black cat peeked ifs head up and looked directly at me with emerald eyes, before dashing off.

We let out a few nervously relieved laughs.

"Well...." I started but faded into an awkward silence.

"We should head back huh?" Adrien suggested.

I nodded my head and followed him back to the school to prepare for the play.

"Marinette!" A familiar voice called out, sending fearful shivers down my spine.

My flight instinct kicked in and I was getting ready to take off, but Adrien gently laid his hand on my arm, before going to move to the person whom the voice belonged too.

But this wasn't Adriens battle, it was mine, and if I didn't want to live in fear I needed to stand up for myself.

"I got this." I whispered to him, before holding my head up high and walking over to the root of my biggest problem.

"Luka." I said evenly, proud that my voice didn't so much as waver.

"I was so worried-"

Slap!

I slapped Luka across the face before walking away, back to Adrien.

And I didn't bother to look back.

Not even once.

Next chapter is the final one!
Also sorry for the super slow updates.