8: Seriously, were you raisee in a barn?

It was monday morning and I was running late to school.  Again.
I had spent Sunday making costumes for the play.
"Marinette! Be careful. " Tiki said,  peering out of my purse, as I almost fell for the fifth time.
"I need to hurry,  or I'm going to be late. " I explained running even faster.
"Better late, than sorry. " Tiki chided.
I ignored her advice.
I was running up the schools steps when I tripped and fell backwards down the flight of stairs.
"Ahh!" I screamed as I tumbled down the ground.
I hit my head on the last step.
"Ouch." I mumbled rubbing my head.
If I kept hitting my head, I'd have brain damage in no time.
"You okay Marinette? " Somebody asked. I looked up and saw none other than Luka Couffaine reaching out a hand to me. 
He wasn't exactly who I wanted to see right now.
"I'm fine. " I said, taking his hand,  trying to avoid his gaze. 
"I'm sorry about,  Saturday.  I shouldn't have left you alone." Luka apologized.
He was still holding my hand.
"Oh, it's okay. I didn't die or anything." I told him.
"It's not ok,  you could have been seriously injured. If Chat Noir hadn't saved you, you would have drowned. I couldn't forgive myself if that happened. " Luka said.
"Im fine, Luka.  Don't beat yourself up about it." I smiled at him.
He gave me a small smile back.
The bell rang.
"I'll see you after school for practice. " I yelled out to him, running back up the stairs.
When I reached the top of the stairs,  I looked back and saw that Luca was still looking at me.
I blushed, but waved and turned around.
I was officially late for class.
"At this rate,  you might as well not even show up. " Alya whisper laughed at me as I snuck into my seat.
"Okay class. Next week is National Hero day. In order to show our gratitude to Chat Noir, Ladybug, Queen Bee, Rena Rougue, and Carapace, the whole school will have the option to dress up like them. The students with the most impressive outfit will get a picture next to their hero. "
"Wow,  this will be great! " Alya said.
"Oh yeah. " I muttered. I guess if I dresses up as one of the other heroes, I wouldn't mind this too much.
"Oh Marinette,  you can make our costumes!" Alya said.
"Great. Who are you dressing up as? "
"Female version of Carapace." She said looking at Nino. I giggled. Of course she would pick that!
"Oh my gosh,  you should be the girl version of Chat Noir!" Alya exclaimed,  excited.
"Sure why not. " I said, already picturing how I was going to the outfits.
"I'll talk the guys into being Rena Rougue and Ladybug then. " Alya said.
"Wait-"
But it was two late.
"Nino! Adrien!" Alya said.
"Yea? " The guys said, turning and speaking in unison.
"You should be Ladybug and Rena Rougue! Me and Marinette are being Carapace and Chat Noir. " She told them proudly.
"Sure." Adrien said.
"Why not? " Nino said,  but then put on a mishcievious smile. "But what if I wanted to be Queen Bee? "
Alya's jaw dropped.  She went from happy to mad in a fraction of a second.  (A\N this is after the Catalyst part one episode so Nino and Alya know each other's alter ego's.)
Alya turned away with a huff.
"Cmon, I didn't mean it! " Nino said, with a laugh.
That made Alya even angrier.
I sighed.
Sometimes I wished that I had someone to fight with like that.
And then I  shook my head at how pathetic I sounded.
"So Chat Noir, huh? " Adrien said looking at me.
"Oh yea, he's not too bad. " I blushed smiling at him.
And then I remembered what Chat told me last time I saw him.
I blushed harder.
"Alya, c'mon! I'm sorry. " Nino said to the brown haired girl.
"Humph! " She replied turning herself away from him.
Adrien and I looked at each other and laughed.
"Their so cute together! " I giggled.
Adrien nodded in agreement.
"Class,  back on topic. " Ms.  Busier said, redirecting our focus to the board.
And I spent the rest of the our daydreaming about Adrien dressing up as ladybug and myself as Chat Noir.
Soon the school day was over,  and I was on my way to practice for the musical.
Today we were practicing the scene where Ana, Kristoff, and Sven we're being chased by wolves.
This was also the first time I get to practice with Adrien.
Adrien.
I literally sighed.
"Marinette- on stage. " Mrs.  Jean said as soon as I entered the room.
Adrien was already on stage sitting in a huge sled. Nino was underneath a meachanicle reindeer, moving the head and legs with levers and pullies. At least I assumed it was Nino; the contraption was covered by a fur like blanket.
"Yes mam. " I told her, setting my things down.
I walked up onto the stage and sat next to Adrien,  getting into character.
"Okay,  Adrien let's start with 'hang on.  We like to go fast. 'And.... Action! " Mrs.  Jean said.
"Hang on,  we like to go fast. " Kristoff advised me as we took off in the carriage.
"I like fast!" I informed him fearlessly.
I then proceed to put my feet on the dashboard,  trying to get comfortable.
"Whoa! Get your feet down. " Kristoff said, pushing my feet off of the dashboard.
"This is fresh lacquer. Seriously, were you raised in a barn? " Kristoff asked in disbelief. He spat on the dashboard and began to shine his precious sled.
"Ew. No.  I was raised in a castle. " I told him, wiping spit from my face,  grossed out.
"So tell me.  What made the queen go all ice crazy? " Kristoff asked.
"Oh...well it was ally fault. I got engaged,  but then she freaked out because I had only met him,  you know,  that day. And she wouldn't bless the marriage-"
"Wait. You got engaged to someone you just met? " Kristoff asked,  a disturbed look on his face.
"Yeah. Anyway,  I got mad so she got mad and then she tried to walk away,  and I grabbed her glove-"
"Hang on.  You mean to tell me, you got engaged to someone you just met?! "
"Yes. Pay attention. " I said. "But the thing is she wore the gloves all the time, so I just thought,  maybe she has a thing about dirt. " I explained
"Didn't your parents ever warn you about strangers? " Kristoff asked.
I looked him up and down and scooted away from him.
Yes...the did.  But Hans is not a stranger. "
The two of us continued on like this until Kristoff tolde to shut up.
"I mean it. Sh." He told me. Kristoff picked up a lantern and shone it around the surrounding area. A look of fear crossed his face,  and when I saw what he had, fear overcame me as well.
"And cut! " Mrs.  Jean said.  "The chemistry on this stage is magnificent!"
"Ch-chemistry? " I asked.
"I can feel you two really getting into the moment. I'm glad you both got the leading roles. "she smiled happily.
" I say we skip to the kiss scene. " Alya suggested.
I glared at her.
"You did awesome,  Marinette." Adrien said,  putting a hand on my soldier.
I was paralyzed at his touch.
"Yeah,  you were great. " I said in a kind of unintentional grimace.
"Okay, let's it from the top! " Mrs. Jean said interrupting our moment.
"Kiss scene! " Alya chanted.
"We could... " Mrs. Jean said thoughtfully.
Alya gavee a thumbs up.
I gave her a thumbs down. I was not ready to kiss Adrien.
What if I was a terrible kisser?
"But not today. " Mrs.  Jean said firmly.
I let out a sigh.
Alya threw her hands up as though telling me I was hopeless.
And maybe I am.
But one day I'll be ready and Adrien Arrested better watch out.
Aloha, ocelot101 here. Thanks to everyone who has read up to this point, I appreciate it! I hope to have the next chapter updated on time for tomorrow, but if not, Happy Halloween 🎃👻🍬.
Xoxo ocelot101