Prologue

"What do you mean there's nothing we can do?!" Koa's clenched fist slammed down on the long gold table

"What do you mean there's nothing we can do?!" Koa's clenched fist slammed down on the long gold table. The force of her anger caused a tremor in the ground that shook the mountain peak. In another circumstance, she may have been concerned about causing an avalanche, but her mind was elsewhere as her fierce golden gaze narrowed on her siblings. She resented the fact that they would suggest backing down, rolling over and showing their bellies. The scowl embedded upon her caramel colored face terrified the lesser gods and goddesses. After so many millennia, they knew better than to provoke the armor clad deity of war.

But, Radella was not a minor goddess, and she was clearly not impressed by her sister's outburst. She attempted to emit a calming hum and grew frustrated when she realized she was too weak to tame the angry goddess. She sighed in defeat before placing her ebony and gold hand on her sister's arm, hoping the gesture would bring tranquility to the fuming goddess. "Calm yourself, Koa. Don't get your armor in a twist. Let Bedisa speak."

"Thank you, Radella. As our strength wanes, destiny has made it clear that we will not be our own saviors. There's a prophecy I've seen in the waves of fate that foretells an ending to this war." She looked around into the faces of each god and goddess, attempting to gauge their acceptance of what she was telling them. "While you may not find what it says to be preferable, I beg you to understand it is the only way."

As her scrutinizing eyes scanned the faces of her siblings she was met with hesitancy, but she couldn't miss the signs of defeat dancing in their eyes. Many of the lesser gods and goddesses had resigned to their fate. They could feel themselves weakening as the Entity spread through their realm. They stared at the siblings seated at the table, looking to them for guidance.  The Six sat in large golden chairs, each ornately designed to the liking of the sibling who adorned it.

Bedisa ended her scan through the faces at the head of the table, looking to her brother for permission to continue. Adhar gave a slight incline of his head in encouragement.

With a deep intake of breath, Bedisa looked at her siblings and carried on. "The prophecy requires a selection be made from each domain. These selected beings will be tasked with the knowledge of the prophecy pertaining to them and no more. Only once all pieces of the prophecy come to fruition can they stop the destruction of our world. If they are able to come together and do this in 127 days, the entity will fall and our power will be restored."

Titania, who had been unusually quiet through out the exchange, decided it was finally time to speak up. "I, for one, can't wait for this to be over with. Have any of you looked in a mirror lately? We're starting to look sickly." She absentmindedly played with a strand of her long blonde hair, staring off into space. "It's rather depressing."

Even though conceited, the goddess was not wrong. The galaxy like pattern over Bedisa's creamy skin had begun to fade, the bright gold that spotted Radella's ebony skin had lost its luster, and the shining light in their eyes had begun to dim. The effects of their draining power hadn't stopped with their looks, it affected their domains. She pouted, "Has anyone seen the flowers lately? They look absolutely pitiful."